AFE Power Exhaust for 2019 PW?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a good chance it will bolt up just fine. Although also a possibility there have been some minor changes that would make it not work.

Hard to believe they haven’t actually tested one out yet. Wth.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I double checked and cant find anything confirming it would fit. I would guess it would fit as some of the other brands that have exhausts for 19's fit pre 19's.

If you would like to order one message me. We can offer you a great price on it and we have it in stock right now!

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I double checked and cant find anything confirming it would fit. I would guess it would fit as some of the other brands that have exhausts for 19's fit pre 19's.

If you would like to order one message me. We can offer you a great price on it and we have it in stock right now!

Thanks Nick. I'd want to make sure it'll fit beforehand...:cheers:

1pieceatatime

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Nick, where does the exhaust tip end up on this guy? I crunched my OE exhaust outlet on a rock ledge in Moab a few weeks back and want to replace it - but I want to do something that tucks it up out of the way more than stock.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nick, where does the exhaust tip end up on this guy? I crunched my OE exhaust outlet on a rock ledge in Moab a few weeks back and want to replace it - but I want to do something that tucks it up out of the way more than stock.
Cut the resonator off as close to the resonator as possible. Then add a short tip to the pipe. Done. Tucked up out of the way nicely, and far enough down that it wont melt the wiring harness on the back bumper.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Or, if you want it, just cut the last of the pipe off after the resonator and leave it at that.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

The AFE exits like stock.

I recommend for you to pick up a muffler kit like one of the ones we offer from Solo Performance then just delete the resonator as mentioned.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
The AFE exits like stock.

I recommend for you to pick up a muffler kit like one of the ones we offer from Solo Performance then just delete the resonator as mentioned.
Nick, It there a 1-2 hp gain when doing this? Seems like back pressure would weaken and effectively give a bump in HP.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nick, It there a 1-2 hp gain when doing this? Seems like back pressure would weaken and effectively give a bump in HP.

It will outflow the stock muffler and give a small increase in hp. That being said the 6.4 has a horrible y pipe that is very restrictive. I wouldnt worry about back pressure as long as you still have that y pipe.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
It will outflow the stock muffler and give a small increase in hp. That being said the 6.4 has a horrible y pipe that is very restrictive. I wouldnt worry about back pressure as long as you still have that y pipe.

thanks you.

I wonder if that’s part of the reason the Dodge Durango was able to get 65 more horsepower of the same engine last year?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks you.

I wonder if that’s part of the reason the Dodge Durango was able to get 65 more horsepower of the same engine last year?

Different motor.

Although I mean that loosely.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Different motor.

Although I mean that loosely.
On 2017-18 Valves are the same size between both motors (2.138/1.654). Compression is lower by about 1 point, 10.9:1(SRT) vs. 10:1 on the Ram. Apache head design is basically the same for both motors except for material (356 Aluminum on the HD) and redesigned cooling jackets. Tech Authority lists the cam lift and duration for the HD motor, but at a glance it seems unlikely to be 100% accurate. Especially considering they appear to mimic the SRT cam specs. Yes, the truck 6.4 has different heads, cam & intake manifold

Throttle body however is the same on the 5.7, 6.1 & 6.4

So it leaves the exhaust to make up some hp.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On 2017-18 Valves are the same size between both motors (2.138/1.654). Compression is lower by about 1 point, 10.9:1(SRT) vs. 10:1 on the Ram. Apache head design is basically the same for both motors except for material (356 Aluminum on the HD) and redesigned cooling jackets. Tech Authority lists the cam lift and duration for the HD motor, but at a glance it seems unlikely to be 100% accurate. Especially considering they appear to mimic the SRT cam specs. Yes, the truck 6.4 has different heads, cam & intake manifold

Throttle body however is the same on the 5.7, 6.1 & 6.4

So it leaves the exhaust to make up some hp.

Alright. So your saying they are different? LOL

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Alright. So your saying they are different? LOL
I was looking to do a few mods to gain a few hp. I read here on the forum that the sole delete made the driver feel a difference in acceleration.

OP
OP
Rated R

Rated R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I was looking to do a few mods to gain a few hp. I read here on the forum that the sole delete made the driver feel a difference in acceleration.

Just concerned about drone. Sound is fine but it's that resonant drone that really sucks.