AFE Power Exhaust for 2019 PW?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
@Nick@GotExhaust.com and @McBroom run the solo delete and claim great things about it. There is 3 or 4 write ups on this forum as well as this one: https://www.ramforum.com/threads/solo-muffler-delete-installed-toda46901/

I bought the Solo Muffler Delete for my 2017 PW from the feedback @McBroom and others left in one of the exhaust threads. Very pleased with my purchase, the sound is amazing and finally matches what I had hoped the 6.4 would sound like. The stock exhaust does not match the character of the truck AT ALL. As for power increase... honestly I don't think you are going to notice much, but the sound itself will make you feel like it is more powerful / faster.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just concerned about drone. Sound is fine but it's that resonant drone that really sucks.

the drone is not bad with the Solo delete kit we offer. It only really drones when MDS kicks in. most people shut off the MDS anyway. I love mine

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I love mine

Blue Mule

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I've thought about cutting my resonator off. Just thinking of how much louder it will be

Blue Mule

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
You still have the resonator though, no?[/QUOTE
Right, should not have drone.

I've thought about cutting my resonator off. Just thinking of how much louder it will be

Blue Mule

do it!
We will never learn from your mistakes unless you chop away.
The first post on the page had a link that boast of 15hp, so if that is true then worst case is you still end up with 15hp and a loud truck!!
Can’t wait...

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Right, should not have drone.

Shouldn't, but is there? I mean, isnt that why OEM puts it on there in the first place?

I have done a fair bit of research on it. Some guys say there is absolutely no more drone than stock, others say the drone is significantly louder.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Shouldn't, but is there? I mean, isnt that why OEM puts it on there in the first place?

I have done a fair bit of research on it. Some guys say there is absolutely no more drone than stock, others say the drone is significantly louder.
I believe that all ears hear differently. Some say drone some say it don't. Some listen to the radio just loud enough that they don't hear the drone(if any)
I personally don't listen to the music loud and I hear no drone to speak of. I leave the mds active(don't have an alpha yet).
But is on the Christmas wish list.
The drone in my opinion is nonexistent.

Blue Mule

RamFarmer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I cut mine off here a month ago and I haven't noticed any drone at all. I had an MBRP exhaust on but a hangar weld broke so there was hole in my exhaust. I put the Factory back on though because the drone was to much for me to deal with anymore. MBRP is sending me a replacement piece but I'm honestly not sure I'll put it back on.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe that all ears hear differently. Some say drone some say it don't. Some listen to the radio just loud enough that they don't hear the drone(if any)
I personally don't listen to the music loud and I hear no drone to speak of. I leave the mds active(don't have an alpha yet).
But is on the Christmas wish list.
The drone in my opinion is nonexistent.

Blue Mule

Do you have the resonator still?

And yes, everybody hears differently. And someones opinion on the drone can be completely different than someone else.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cut mine off here a month ago and I haven't noticed any drone at all. I had an MBRP exhaust on but a hangar weld broke so there was hole in my exhaust. I put the Factory back on though because the drone was to much for me to deal with anymore. MBRP is sending me a replacement piece but I'm honestly not sure I'll put it back on.

You havnt noticed any drone at all, but the drone is too much for you to deal with?! Wtf LOL?

RamFarmer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You havnt noticed any drone at all, but the drone is too much for you to deal with?! Wtf LOL?
Sorry that wasn't clear. I took off a MBRP exhaust because it had a hole in the exhaust, but the drone was awful. I put the stock back on and cut off the resonator and haven't noticed any drone at all. hope that clears it up.

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Sorry that wasn't clear. I took off a MBRP exhaust because it had a hole in the exhaust, but the drone was awful. I put the stock back on and cut off the resonator and haven't noticed any drone at all. hope that clears it up.
So did you straight pipe it to the muffler?
Can you upload a picture of your undercarriage?

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Do you have the resonator still?

And yes, everybody hears differently. And someones opinion on the drone can be completely different than someone else.
Yes I do still have the resonator on. I'll wait till spring and take it off

Blue Mule

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ah yes that makes sense, thanks!

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I took my resonator off today to see if I will like the sound. I will drive it this week to work to see if it will stay off or not. So far it seems to have the right sound with it removed IMO.
The bolt was easy to takeoff since I only have 10k on it but the one hanger I to pull the resonator out of, put up a fight. Plus I had to jack up the rear of the truck to finagle the resonator out the back.

45FF7B37-DAEF-471B-BE06-4015A65397BF.jpeg

F48581FB-4B9B-4691-BCBE-722FD6B26AC5.jpeg

Last edited:

tpk0999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I took my muffler off today to see if I will like the sound. I will drive it this week to work to see if it will stay off or not. So far it seems to have the right sound with it removed IMO.
The bolt was easy to takeoff since I only have 10k on it but the one hanger I to pull the muffler out of, put up a fight. Plus I had to jack up the rear of the truck to finagle the muffler out the back.

View attachment 187019

View attachment 187020
I was debating on doing 3.5 in out straight through magnaflow and then dump it right after the exhaust. Not sure if it would of fit and of course you need to be careful with wiring. I ended up getting magnaflow direct fit kit. I can downturn the exhaust on a dime if I so choose.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk