Confirmation of fuel tank size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
So my Laramie is supposed to have the standard 26 gallon tank. But I've noticed the last few times I've filled up from having an 1/8 of a tank left I'm only getting around 20 gallons in the tank. Makes me think I have the 23 gallon tank that comes in the lower trim levels.

Anyone else notice this? Or maybe the gas gauge is being overly conservative?

I'm tempted to get under the truck and look for a part # on the tank to cross reference.

LossPrev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did your Laramie state it has the 26 gallon tank option on the window sticker? 23 is standard for even Laramies. I believe the 26 only comes with the eTorque motors because 33 is the only manually selectable upgrade that I can see.

These things will be very conservative on the fuel level. Probably to prevent running empty and also they probably like to keep a few gallon "reserve" for the fuel pump.

Edit: just checked the build site and the only way to get 26 is with the eTorque motor. If you have the standard V8 you will have the 23 gallon tank.

Last edited:

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I have the eTorque with the 23, but the 26 is an option. It’d be listed on your window sticker if you still have it.

PCord

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was curious about this as well. I have a Laramie crew. I looked at the FCA website. The quad cab has a 23 gallon and the crew cab has a 26 gallon at least in the Laramie trim.

OP
OP
AnthonyD1978

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
Did your Laramie state it has the 26 gallon tank option on the window sticker? 23 is standard for even Laramies. I believe the 26 only comes with the eTorque motors because 33 is the only manually selectable upgrade that I can see.

These things will be very conservative on the fuel level. Probably to prevent running empty and also they probably like to keep a few gallon "reserve" for the fuel pump.

Edit: just checked the build site and the only way to get 26 is with the eTorque motor. If you have the standard V8 you will have the 23 gallon tank.

I was curious about this as well. I have a Laramie crew. I looked at the FCA website. The quad cab has a 23 gallon and the crew cab has a 26 gallon at least in the Laramie trim.

Correct, it should be standard on Crew Cab Laramie trims according to the RAM build site. eTorque does not matter. It also list it as standard on my Mopar owners account online for my specific truck.

I have to double check the window sticker, but I'm almost sure I remember checking it before I bought the truck as it was a priority for me.

I have a bad feeling that RAM misstated this feature as standard for Laramie Crew Cabs.....

Last edited:

Packerbkd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine
I just filled up my 2019 Laramie with a 33 gallon tank for the first time. The tripometer said I could go another 49 miles. When I filled up the truck, it took 29.86 gallons. At 17ish miles to the gallon, the math is close to what I put in. So, I am satisfied that I got the 33 gallon tank.

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also look at the range - typically if I push it to ~ 30 miles or less of range I can get ~ 24 gallons of gas in the tank.

OP
OP
AnthonyD1978

AnthonyD1978

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
I just filled up my 2019 Laramie with a 33 gallon tank for the first time. The tripometer said I could go another 49 miles. When I filled up the truck, it took 29.86 gallons. At 17ish miles to the gallon, the math is close to what I put in. So, I am satisfied that I got the 33 gallon tank.

I've done similar math with mine. It doesn't add up to me having the 26 gallon tank. Either the gauge and tripmeter are being overly conservative or I have the wrong tank.

If anyone has the 23 gallon tank and can post a pic of it under the truck that would be great :):D

I bet if they incorrectly optioned mine I'm not the only one.

Justin Nelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck is supposed to have the 32 gallon tank from factory. I have never been able to put more then 27.5 gallons in and that is with it at 0 miles to empty or “low fuel” anyone know why this might be?

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck is supposed to have the 32 gallon tank from factory. I have never been able to put more then 27.5 gallons in and that is with it at 0 miles to empty or “low fuel” anyone know why this might be?

I have a 33 gallon tank, and I have a bad habit of waiting until it reads almost zero miles on the range indicator. I've never fit in more than 30 gallons, always just shy. From what I can see you have about 3 gallons left in the tank when the range gauge hits 0. So unless you're running it that low, it seems you have the right tank size.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
since everything is computer controlled there must be a way to calibrate the fuel gauge and miles to empty readings. my low fuel light comes on when the gauge drops to just below 1/4 tank which is almost 8 gals. since I have the 33 gal. tank

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On MY 19, Bighorn with trim level 2, have the following from Build Sheet: 26 Gallon Fuel Tank.

I have put 22 gal in truck just under a 1/4...just FWIW...