Console swap to jump seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pltuls

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
As the title says I have a 2017 limited console id like to trade for a black jump seat. I'd really like the extra seat instead of the console for hauling around the family and know there has to be others that would rather ditch the seat in favor of the console. I am in bfe southwest Kansas so meeting up is very unlikely. But exchanging through shipping possibly? I see seats available on ebay but don't know what all else is needed to go from console to seat..... Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The jump seat will bolt right in. Your truck has a different center stack bezel that your console attaches too right under your switch panel. The only problem is they never offered a 4th gen Limited without a center console because they all had heated rear seats. You will have a hard time finding the bezel that doesn't have the tab sticking down to connect to the console with the same color as the rest of your interior. I am thinking you could trim the piece off. You will also lose the mounting panel for your rear heated seats. Ram never offered rear heated seats in trucks without the center console. Lastly there is a good chance your truck has a CD player since it's a Limited. If it does they do make Jump Seats with the CD option but you don't see them to often. They are the 3 pice jump seats. I have one in my truck. Lastly, most Jump Seats are gray unless they came out of a Laramie. You will need to try to find a black one to match your interior. Most people want the center console so I am sure you will have plenty of interest but wanted to make you aware of what it would entail. I personally have the Jump Seat and prefer the Jump Seat. To me it makes more sense and gives me more interior room so I totally understand why you would want to switch but in your case you may be better off to keep the console.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

pltuls

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Thanks for your detailed reply. I do not have a CD player and am OK with losing it if I did in favor of the seat. I was thinking/hoping I could peal the dash bezel apart and swap my limited woodgrain pieces into a non limited bezel. Hopefully that's possible as I've already tracked down a bezel that's decent shape to try and swap it over with. I've looked all over salvage yards online and have only found 1 black one but it's out of a 2020 2500. I know most parts are the same on the HD trucks as they aren't a true 5th Gen but wasn't sure the wiring would match up. It has rear power inverter and 4 usb ports that my truck does not currently have. It looks nicer but unless they are plug and play, it's out of my knowledge area.... If anyone knows if it would just swap right in I'd definitely go for that and have a console up for grabs.

OP
OP
P

pltuls

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I see what you mean in bezel, most are a bit of a goldish/tan color vs mine thays grey. Maybe I can match spray paint or trim off mine... And I was hoping to just buzz some holes in the back of the jump seat by the vents and punch the seat heaters in... Will be a project. Much easier to go the other route it seems... Lots of threads going from seat to console

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see what you mean in bezel, most are a bit of a goldish/tan color vs mine thays grey. Maybe I can match spray paint or trim off mine... And I was hoping to just buzz some holes in the back of the jump seat by the vents and punch the seat heaters in... Will be a project. Much easier to go the other route it seems... Lots of threads going from seat to console

The people going the other direction don't have heated rear seats so that isn't an issue for them. I believe you can trim the tab for the center console off of the bottom of the bezel so that may not be that big a deal. As far as the switches go you could remove the wiring from your console and figure out a way to mount the switches. It's just a matter of how much effort you want to put into it. You will also need a Jump Seat out of a Crew Cab in order for it to have the heat/A/C vent off of the back of it plus you will need the correct ducting.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

WDBLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Console still available? I have a 18 Ram 2500

Ol2090

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you found a jump seat? What color are you wanting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01