Console swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike0565

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've read a few posts on the swap but I still have a # of questions.

I'm tossing around the idea of changing my console. Right now I have the armrest that also can be used as a 3rd seat in the front. It's a 16' Laramie that has the a/c/ heat vents in it but no heated rear seat option. Exactly what is needed to make the swap besides the console/armrest itself? I understand that I'll lose the 12 volt and USB plugs on the driver and passenger sides, but I imagine that the console has both right? Also, I understand that I would need a console that has the vents in it for the rear passengers. But if I was to get a console with the heated rear seat option, will that hook up be there? Presently I don't have a CD player but if I found one with one built in would I be able to make that operational like the heated rear seats?

Thanks,
Mike

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've read a few posts on the swap but I still have a # of questions.

I'm tossing around the idea of changing my console. Right now I have the armrest that also can be used as a 3rd seat in the front. It's a 16' Laramie that has the a/c/ heat vents in it but no heated rear seat option. Exactly what is needed to make the swap besides the console/armrest itself? I understand that I'll lose the 12 volt and USB plugs on the driver and passenger sides, but I imagine that the console has both right? Also, I understand that I would need a console that has the vents in it for the rear passengers. But if I was to get a console with the heated rear seat option, will that hook up be there? Presently I don't have a CD player but if I found one with one built in would I be able to make that operational like the heated rear seats?

Thanks,
Mike
You would need to add wiring plus enable the (Rear Heated Seat) code with the Alfa tool plus buy a factory heated rear seat or add the factory seat heaters in order to add rear heated seats. It's a popular upgrade. You may want to contact M2mods in the vendor section of the forum to inquire about buying a conversion harness if you decide to give it a try. Unfortunately on the Laramie the rear heated seats were only available in trucks with the cosole and not the jumpseat. Pretty much all Laramie consoles are going to have the switches for the rear heated seats. You can purchsse the console back piece for a Crew Cab Bighorn with the center console and it will not have the switches but will have the vents. Remember Quad Cab trucks have no vents in the console or the jumpseat so of you buy a console make sure its out of a Crew Cab. You can make the CD player work but you will need to enable the (External Disc) code in the BCM in order for it to function. You can use the Alfa Tool to do this or the dealer should be able to enable the code for you if they know what they are doing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mike0565

Mike0565

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Rick,
I don't think I'll be going with the rear heated seats there's too much involved and I'd like to get out with the least amount of money involved. I'm going to be searching salvage yards and see what I can find. Thanks for the heads up about the vents in the rear of the console only being in the CC models.

jasoraso

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco-diesel 3L
Mike, did you ever make the swap? I have a 2017 1500 Laramie with black leather, looking for a jump seat. I'd be willing to trade.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Bobby Trott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Jasoraso I have the black jumper seat and I’m looking for the center console do you still want the jumper?