COOLANT ALL OVER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dingalinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys, I just got into rams and I love my 5.7 but I was driving and made it home to steam coming out of my engine bay with coolant everywhere but I dont know what the appropriate course of action is right now, what are some common problems that might help me diagnose my truck it is a 2014 ram 1500 5.7 hemi 4x4

j cal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check all your hoses

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dingalinger

Dingalinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have already looked at as many hoses as I can find but I couldnt find any leaks

Accidental42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check your hoses for cracks, and the clamps for a tight fit. Check radiator fins for excessive damage. Its possible your radiator cap has failed. Those are the easiest things to look at.

Matts175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would just like to say... if you're adding coolant, make absolutely sure you are adding the correct type. In these 4th gen Hemi Rams, you just can't add any ol' stuff you have in the garage. Mine is a 2015 and it takes "OAT", which is purpleish pink. I would think that your 2014 also takes OAT, but check your owner's manual to be sure.

Accidental42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would just like to say... if you're adding coolant, make absolutely sure you are adding the correct type. In these 4th gen Hemi Rams, you just can't add any ol' stuff you have in the garage. Mine is a 2015 and it takes "OAT", which is purpleish pink. I would think that your 2014 also takes OAT, but check your owner's manual to be sure.

Absolutely! Mine is a 2010 and takes HOAT coolant which is orange. Do not mix the two.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I would just like to say thanks for all of the helpful tips it turns out it was the water pump and the thermostat

My '14 5.7 had the water pump go at the end of summer. I see a trend... :)

-K