Coolant leaking below engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In that circled area, isn't that just below where the heat exchanger is for the transmission?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 107077 miles.

OP
OP
J

Jpress82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
All the fuss I caused it ended up an intake hose that was leaking. And now the heater core is bad. Thanks everyone for all your input.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All the fuss I caused it ended up an intake hose that was leaking. And now the heater core is bad. Thanks everyone for all your input.
Thank you for posting the resolution to the problem!

Many times people will post an issue seeking advice, but will never post later about how they solved it.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 107238 miles.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Heater core is bad? Intake hose is leaking? Let’s go back to one of your earlier posts. You said took it to dealer because of a low heat condition. Stated the dealer flushed the heater core. Dealer didn’t find a core leak but they most likely removed the heater core hoses to flush it. Are you saying one of the hoses from the heater core is leaking? That makes sense and would be on the dealer for not verifying leaks after completing work. It’s also possible the dealer broke a connection nipple on the heater core. Heater core replacement is a big and expensive job. While possible it’s unlikely the heater core just went bad a such a new truck. More likely the person who worked on it last broke something. Call me a conspiracy theorist but I’d be back at the servicing dealer looking for answers.

OP
OP
J

Jpress82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Yes I went to the dealership for no heat in the passenger side. About 3 weeks after the coolant leak had started. I mentioned that to my mechanic and he stated that there is no way they should've touched that area to flush the heater. I could be wrong as I dint remember exactly where the mechanic said it was leaking but I believe it was the intake hose. I also wouldn't bring it back to wetomres CDJR if I was paid to do so. They are very incompetent.

OP
OP
J

Jpress82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Heater core is bad? Intake hose is leaking? Let’s go back to one of your earlier posts. You said took it to dealer because of a low heat condition. Stated the dealer flushed the heater core. Dealer didn’t find a core leak but they most likely removed the heater core hoses to flush it. Are you saying one of the hoses from the heater core is leaking? That makes sense and would be on the dealer for not verifying leaks after completing work. It’s also possible the dealer broke a connection nipple on the heater core. Heater core replacement is a big and expensive job. While possible it’s unlikely the heater core just went bad a such a new truck. More likely the person who worked on it last broke something. Call me a conspiracy theorist but I’d be back at the servicing dealer looking for answers.

Yes I went to the dealership for no heat in the passenger side. About 3 weeks after the coolant leak had started. I mentioned that to my mechanic and he stated that there is no way they should've touched that area to flush the heater. I could be wrong as I dint remember exactly where the mechanic said it was leaking but I believe it was the intake hose. I also wouldn't bring it back to wetomres CDJR if I was paid to do so. They are very incompetent