Cooper stt pro vs milestar patagonia

Cooper or milestar

• Cooper stt pro

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • Milestar patagonia

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Narrowed down to these two. 37x12.5 on stock rims. Saw a jeep with the coopers today having lots of fun and said he has had good results. What are the opinions here? Also lots of good stuff about the Patagonia

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Based on looks and nothing else I like the coopers. I also run the at3 xlt so I’m partial to the brand I guess.

what’s the price difference? I’ve also heard to stt are very loud. Cant speak to that myself though. Wonder how loud the milestars are?

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Not so much the price difference the coopers are more expensive but not the deciding factor. But I'm narrowed to these two...

Purchasing the 15th or so of dec

Last edited:

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Lots of jeepers here run Patagonia. They’re soft. I think it’s going to depend on what your off-roading is. These trucks as you know are HEAVY! I think the weight of the hd trucks in rough hard trails they’ll rip apart. Again depends on your off-road use. Soft as they are I wouldn’t expect em to last long on highway either. I’m still experimenting with tires lol. My furry mt did good. My 37” federals SUCKED! The new to replace the new federals are americus rugged. Zero flats so far and 3 very very rough rocky trails and lots of tire spinning. I’m thinking Toyo next time. But I hate to spend lots cause they won’t last a year

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Lots of jeepers here run Patagonia. They’re soft. I think it’s going to depend on what your off-roading is. These trucks as you know are HEAVY! I think the weight of the hd trucks in rough hard trails they’ll rip apart. Again depends on your off-road use. Soft as they are I wouldn’t expect em to last long on highway either. I’m still experimenting with tires lol. My furry mt did good. My 37” federals SUCKED! The new to replace the new federals are americus rugged. Zero flats so far and 3 very very rough rocky trails and lots of tire spinning. I’m thinking Toyo next time. But I hate to spend lots cause they won’t last a year
Mine is not a daily driver, truck is used once a week for work commute 60 miles, and for towing and off road the rest of the time. This includes hunting in 2 weeks where there will be ice and snow. I will tow a 33ft trailer

Most offroadis on sharp rocks in colorado

phil frost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ran 35" Cooper SST's before, and they were really good. wore well.

To be honest, I am on my 2nd set of General Grabber X3's and they are fantastic. Ran them in 37x12.5x18 on my Super Duty, and now run them in 35x12.5x17 on my Power Wagon. I am probably going to go with them in 37's next on my PW.

But, if I had to pick between the two you are poling, I would probably go with Cooper, just because I know them.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Mine is not a daily driver, truck is used once a week for work commute 60 miles, and for towing and off road the rest of the time. This includes hunting in 2 weeks where there will be ice and snow. I will tow a 33ft trailer

Most offroadis on sharp rocks in colorado
I hear ya on the rocks. Arizona lol. I think y’all’s are prolly more sharp and jagged though. Soft might work in those conditions if you’re not spinning wheels often. On the big rocks and spinning I think it’ll rip the blocks off. Like it did on the federals. Federals never again

FB28576D-B6E0-47D1-ACE1-1A573922269F.png

BB4D4B14-77E7-496A-85CB-76210C2BE89F.jpeg

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running Cooper STT Pro's in a 35 on my Ram and absolutely love them. Would get them again in a heartbeat.

I'm surprised someone said they heard they were noisy because I found them to be on the quieter side for a mud terrain tire.

I commute to work 35 minutes one way and they handle superbly on the highway at speed.

They wear well, the price is competitive and they are lighter than a lot of the competition.

Just an all round great tire with a great look.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
My Cooper's are wearing great my one beef that would keep me from getting them again is mine won't balance worth a crap. Have had them done at two separate shops and still have issues

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My Cooper's are wearing great my one beef that would keep me from getting them again is mine won't balance worth a crap. Have had them done at two separate shops and still have issues

Have you had them Road force balanced? I had an issue with one of my AT3s but I think it’s the rim not the tire

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7

That's odd because mine have been bullet proof in that respect.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Have you had them Road force balanced? I had an issue with one of my AT3s but I think it’s the rim not the tire
Yup, by a good shop too. Have had all my tires done there. Had 35" nittos on the same wheels with zero issues. If you read in the wagon Facebook groups you find quite a few guys with Cooper balancing issues. I don't hate them but I won't go out of my way to buy them again

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
For me, it's as simple as Cooper is made in the USA and the Patagonia is made in Taiwan. I realize there are high quality foreign tires (Toyo, Nitto, etc) but between these two, I'd keep my business in the good ol US of A.

I run Mickey Thompson ATZP3's which is a subsidiary of some sort of Cooper Tires and have no complaints.

Vicman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
IMG_20181205_154000801_HDR.jpg IMG_20181205_154046629.jpg

I'm pretty happy with my STT Pro's. I wont get super mileage out of them though. After driving them for a year they are a bit louder than the stock Duratracks but it's a mud tire so it's to be expected. Regarding of road capabilities, HECK YEAH! They handle North Carolina greasy red clay over rock with no problem. Foot deep snow is not an issue either. They also handle a heavy load in the bed or towing a trailer with aplomb.
Back to how long they will last, I would say I am on paved back roads 80% of the time, I don't think they will go past 25K before I will need to replace.
I'm considering KO2's for my next set but I am very happy with the STT's so far.

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Unlike some other brands of M/T tires the General Grabber X3 rubber compound is supposed to remain flexible in cold temperatures per their website tire description. Kind of a nice feature to have on an extremely cold night while driving back to home in Colorado snow.
Do you use the x3 tires? Got any pics and mileage reviews?

phil frost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you use the x3 tires? Got any pics and mileage reviews?

I ran 35" and then 37" X3's on my F250 Super Duty. They were great in the snow and rain, and I got ~45k miles from the 35's before I went to the 37's.

I traded that truck in for my 2018 Power Wagon, and I had the deal put 35" X3s on before I took the truck off the lot.

Right now I have 18k on the truck with the X3's and, rotating every 3k miles, they still have a ton of life left.

I am going to be selling them soon, as my 37" X3s will be here next week.

Anyway, they are a great tire. Not the most aggressive for an MT, but for a daily driver who does modest off roading, they are great!!

Hope this helps

truck2.jpg

20190506_154238_resized.jpg

20190404_165538_HDR.jpg

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Not so much the price difference the coopers are more expensive but not the deciding factor. But I'm narrowed to these two...

Purchasing the 15th or so of dec

What tire did you end up getting and what size?

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
STTS are louder than the Nitto trail grapplers I have run. I'll go back to trail grapplers after these wear out.