Cosmetic issue vent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sichemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who wants a good long read????Yes its exterior but not sure if this fit that category . I'm just at wits end and want to vent and see if this happens a lot. So almost 2 months ago I bought a brand new 2014 ram express left over. I was in love when I saw it and it is my first ever brand new vehicle (besides motorcycles and atvs) . Well my first week I was away for work.
Second week I get hood decals put on and rear windowscape and got to play. While my tailgate is down about to load up ice fishing gear my friend points out a a bunch of scrapes and scratches to the primer and bare metal at the inside base of tailgate. I immediately call my salesman. No answer leave vm. Hours go by I call ask for sales manager . No answer leave vm. 3 days go by. Call back ask for manager , no answer leave vm. 4 days nothing.. call and yell at secretary ask for manager , no answer leave angry vm. 3 hours go by another manager calls. Says he will have my salesman call. He wants pictures I send them.
Next day schedules apt to see manager and get it fixed...go for apt. With mom following go bring me home. No manager , can't fix without his approval ,take pictures tell me they will call me Monday... Wednesday they call. Come in Friday 6am we need truck for the day pickup that night.
Go in with gf following to bring me home. Nope leave tail gate need it till Monday.. Address another issue I found !!! Dodge painted dirt and debris in hood from factory!!! Dealer says that's nothing we will wetsand it and buff and good as new take 1/2 hour when you pick it up..argue I don't agree but they guarantee no issues... Get call Tuesday night it's ready . Come in and also we will wetsand and buff hood spot.
Come in Friday.. In waiting room for a hour. Come out. We can't wetsand that spot our painter said it will come off in a big chip and he found 3 other defect spots. So warrantee claim will be submitted to paint entire hood But you'll loose your hood decals ($60) or leave defects . I tell them not acceptable they put me through hell so far and I want it painted and them replaced. She talks to manager . He still says no. I demand to speak to him.. 15 mins later another guy comes out . I argue with him he says they will do nothing they are *doing me a favor as it is taking close up photos so dodge does not see I plastidiped my headlights and void the warrantee!!!! Are you kidding me.. Then I find out he isn't even a manager .. I demand again to speak to a manager. He says he is too busy to talk to me...! WHAT. My voice raises I turn a whole new red. He says ok ok do you mind waiting for him for awhile? I explain my 1/2 hour now has turned to going on 2 hours and the manager will talk to me now.... He says he will see what he can do.. 2 mins later manager comes back with him. I tell them how poorly they run this place how much gas I've waisted and I've had enough and they need to do something . Understand it's a factory flaw and your middleman but I was told buffing no issues been here 3 times now you tell me I loose my money in hood decals. Call his bluff on plastidip warrantee void.. So they offer me a mopar gift card for the amount of hood stripes... So I still walk out loosing 120 miles on my car and 80 miles of cars to follow me up 2 times and hours of my time. Now I need to go back and leave my truck for 2-3 days with no rental covered.

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not to come off the wrong way but this is very difficult to read with no paragraphs.

Sucks that you're having those problems, sounds like a crappy dealer. It would have been a perk if they covered your decals but they are not require to. Rentals in gas is not included on a factory warranty, that's just how the game is.

I've done customer facing management and when a upset customer service telling us how poorly ran we are or how to do our jobs, the service gets worse. Again, I'm not trying to be an ass, I've just been around longer and have more life experiences and often a raised voice in these situations makes the situation worse.

They're taking care of the flaws and gave you a gift card, that is not bad.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Sichemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Appreciate your input but I dissagree with you. I see where you are trying to come from but it should not have got to the point I had to start to raise my voice (mind you I never yelled I just was showing I was getting upset) but I'm sorry after ignoring my calls for over a week, making appointments they can't keep and giving me a run around .. and keep sending people out when I keep asking for a manager.. I'm sorry but I think anyone would voice their feelings on how poorly they have had their problems treated.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My truck was delivered to me with a dent on the bedside right on the body line. The manager had a salesman make an appointment with a PDR guy in town and it was fixed in 3 days with one call to the dealership.
Sounds like you have a crappy dealership to have to deal with...

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd try another dealership. While definitely not the best, mine wouldn't have ignored me like that....

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
That sucks all they care about is the damn sale. ram isn't known to be the best painters out there. I had my whole roof repainted. What I suggest is calling chrysler customer service and telling them what's going on they will open a case on it and they will Call the dealership and put some pressure on them, the dealers hate when chrysler isn't happy with them. if you decide to take it somewhere else you have to becareful because most won't touch it if you started with a different dealer. The part about the sticker is hit or miss Im with you about wanting them replaced but I wouldnt think they would.

SouthShoreRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
bummer. write letter to Chrysler about the service of the dealer. its really the only thing you can do to affect their behavior. that and the dealer surveys through corporate.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
bummer. write letter to Chrysler about the service of the dealer. its really the only thing you can do to affect their behavior. that and the dealer surveys through corporate.

and u may even be able to get them to throw in a free warranty.. or something good to sweeten the pot. Sucks though. time to find a new dealer.

jdwaynes1980

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like a crappy dealership to me. Next time you purchase a new vehicle I'd spend a lot more time inspecting the vehicle before you drove off the lot with it. Could have found those issues on the lot and had them taken care of before doing all that other stuff. Sorry you had a bad experience with customer service though - that always sucks.

OP
OP
S

Sichemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So it looks like I just have a crappy dealer . Thanks all for the comments just was fishing to see if that was it or all dealers suck. Now I know I went to the wrong place.