Costum intake?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jared.hammel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
Forgive the repeat thread. The only one I found was dead and didn't have the answers that I needed. I'm looking to build custom intake on my 99 RAM 5.9. Everything is pretty much easy to find and put together, the only thing I can't find is the part that connects to the throttle body. Thank you dodge dude94 for posting this picture. I need the part at the very top that looks like a pancake dish... If there is another thread please let me know. Thank you for any help!!!

Attachments

• Intake.jpg
    Intake.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 76

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I used an air hat from a 99 Durango. Dakota works too....Jeep Grand Cherokee WILL. NOT. WORK.

I'm not even going there on that one. lol

OP
OP
J

jared.hammel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9L
I used an air hat from a 99 Durango. Dakota works too....Jeep Grand Cherokee WILL. NOT. WORK.

I'm not even going there on that one. lol

Awesome! Thank you. Will I need to do any cutting? I know where the stock locks in, there is a part where the [throttle body?] is flush with the lip. Does that make sense? I'm gonna go get the part from a junk yard.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Actually i made one from a grand Cherokee fit.

So not worth the effort tho. Get the Dakota or durango. I actually ended up just buying a spectre

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Awesome! Thank you. Will I need to do any cutting? I know where the stock locks in, there is a part where the [throttle body?] is flush with the lip. Does that make sense? I'm gonna go get the part from a junk yard.
No, no cutting. Just need to have an S-bolt for the throttle body that is the right length.
Actually i made one from a grand Cherokee fit.

So not worth the effort tho. Get the Dakota or durango. I actually ended up just buying a spectre

Yeah...I tried that too....involved a spacer.......not worth it AT ALL. :roflsquared:

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
No, no cutting. Just need to have an S-bolt for the throttle body that is the right length.

Yeah...I tried that too....involved a spacer.......not worth it AT ALL. :roflsquared:

Actually you can also pull the clamp the daks use and use that can't you? Same tb right?

I actually cut all the inside stuff out of the Cherokee hat but i don't think it would have been a reliable seal. Kinda flimsy after that

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Actually you can also pull the clamp the daks use and use that can't you? Same tb right?

I actually cut all the inside stuff out of the Cherokee hat but i don't think it would have been a reliable seal. Kinda flimsy after that

Yeah you can but it's flat and restricts.

I did that....still didn't fit. :roflsquared: