Could I Be Getting Ripped Off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
So, I ordered my steering box stabilizer and it came friday but I just got around to installing it today. After I installed it I took it for a test drive to see if it helped it all. It kinda did but I wanna see after it gets set it place whether it really did or not but while I was taking it for a test drive, the sound I was getting when turning went away. However, I don't know if this is temporary or if I actually fixed the problem I'm just not sure right now. That got me thinking though, was the shop actually telling me the truth by saying I need a whole new front end rebuild before I got an alignment or I would be just throwing my money away. Because they didn't even look under the truck until they heard that sound. I am going to ask another shop and see what they say but Ill see what happens.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Steering box brace won't "fix" anything
It'll help the steering box last longer and could take some slop out of the output shaft

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Did you ever get that 2nd op on your front end? Putting a steering box brace on will not help with worn out BJ's or Tre's. If you have the tools you are looking at about 6hrs work to replace all the bj's and tre's plus the front diff u-joints. My est for parts would be $500 and tools you can rent or borrow.

OP
OP
bassslayer25

bassslayer25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360 V8
No not yet. Ive been busy lately and haven't had that much time. Im thinking about just riding them through the winter. I know thats probably not the safest bet but thats what I think I'm gonna end up doing.

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Not wise at all Sir! I have to say fix it if it needs it or park it, what happens if you lose a wheel assy and hurt someone?? Lose control of the truck when a part breaks and hurt someone.