crew cabs and rear under floor storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've had my R2018 am since early Feb. was pleasantly surprised to find the under floor storage today! (thx to stumbling across it on earlier posts on the forum).

i wonder how many people don't even know they have it? It doesn't show on my build sheet anywhere...sales rep showed me underseat storage but didn't say anything about the underfloor. I did notice one of the boxes for it when i put on my sidesteps but thought maybe it was a mount for an amplifier or was part of the jack storage system under the front seat. figured i'd look further into it one day. I have a little tool pouch that fits perfectly into one of the boxes. what a cool idea for extra storage. Love it!!!!

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I've had my R2018 am since early Feb. was pleasantly surprised to find the under floor storage today! (thx to stumbling across it on earlier posts on the forum).

i wonder how many people don't even know they have it? It doesn't show on my build sheet anywhere...sales rep showed me underseat storage but didn't say anything about the underfloor. I did notice one of the boxes for it when i put on my sidesteps but thought maybe it was a mount for an amplifier or was part of the jack storage system under the front seat. figured i'd look further into it one day. I have a little tool pouch that fits perfectly into one of the boxes. what a cool idea for extra storage. Love it!!!!
You should go back to the dealership and kick your salesman in the nuts for not showing the truck correctly haha

OP
OP
buddy guy

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You should go back to the dealership and kick your salesman in the nuts for not showing the truck correctly haha

lol. probably my fault too:) i sort of worked with the guy 20 yrs ago so we spent most of the test drive experience catching up on folks we both knew from way back when. but when i go in for my first oil change, I am going to razz him about it. lol

OP
OP
buddy guy

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I didn't know I had it either. I just went out and looked under the mat and found them.

its like finding an extra Christmas gift you didn't expect under the tree! I asked my boss yesterday if he knew he had them in his Outdoorsman as well and he said "yeah, did you know they also have drain holes?". I said "nope". He hunts and said he puts wet stuff in there like wet socks, wet gloves and such after he hunts. I haven't looked at them closely but was surprised if they had drain holes. it looks like they have solid felt type wrap around them. Anyway, I will be using them for my little toolsack, winter scraper blade, rags, my stash..lol

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i'm a wannabe hoarder. love having storage all over. my rear underseat storage is pretty full so I like this found item.
lol, the only thing i kept in the rear underseat storage was a ice scraper/snow brush

Burstingbb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep ratchet straps, tow straps on the passenger side floor box and a locking lid for gun storage on the driver. Underseat is reserved for quick access to waterproof gear and cold weather gear

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I don’t put anything in the in floor bins. Under seat I keep a 2 microfiber towels Adams interior cleaner and Adams quick detailer. Drivers side. In the passenger side basic tool kits and jumper cables.

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I knew about my in floor storage bins / coolers the day I bought my truck. The drivers side I use for cold stuff or for holding important items that I don't want to have out in the open otherwise its empty. The passenger side box has my small 12 volt compressor, gloves, an extra lug nut, 150 watt power inverter and several shop towels for padding. I just love the fact that our crew cabs have this as standard equipment

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I keep ratchet straps and whatnot in them

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The bins were a big selling point for my under-knowledged sales person; "look it even has floor coolers for beer and such!", smh.

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I keep all my truck cleaning stuff in them microfiber towels, tire shine, etc.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Mine are stuffed. One side has my winch controls, bungies, and a short tow strap I use to put around trees (never hook a winch to its own cable). The other side has jumper cables, ratchet straps, and an actual tow strap.

I can't put anything under my seat - I bought a 'leftover' that came with the Alpine stereo system, so the subwoofer takes up pretty much all of that.