Cruise Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

426power

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Guys I am having an issue with my cruise control. it started this weekend. When I try to use it it works fine , but then I will park the truck and go to use it again and it wont even power up. I park the truck and try to use it and it works fine. Not exactly sure if it is every other time I start the truck that it works or not. Has anyone had a similar issue?

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I would start off by disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for a good hour. But you will most likely need to go in and have a scan tool plugged into it.

Did you get the cruise control recall done on your truck ......if it was part of the recall

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I haven't gotten a CC recall notice, but I too have issues with my cruise every now and then. Sometimes it won't turn on, other times I will hit Resume and it will accelerate well past my set point and then turn off...and I can't turn it back on until I restart the truck. It happens about once every six months.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Guys I am having an issue with my cruise control. it started this weekend. When I try to use it it works fine , but then I will park the truck and go to use it again and it wont even power up. I park the truck and try to use it and it works fine. Not exactly sure if it is every other time I start the truck that it works or not. Has anyone had a similar issue?
I haven't gotten a CC recall notice, but I too have issues with my cruise every now and then. Sometimes it won't turn on, other times I will hit Resume and it will accelerate well past my set point and then turn off...and I can't turn it back on until I restart the truck. It happens about once every six months.

Hi 426power and 2003F350,
We are very sorry to hear about your recent concerns. We suggest having your dealer address this concern. You may also send us a private message if you would like any additional assistance with this process. We're always happy to help!
Laura
Ram Cares

MarineBSP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have a 2500, but my 1500 did have an issue with its CC. It did not apparently fall within any CC recall. I took it to my dealer this summer, and they "replaced the CC switch under warranty". This has fixed my issue for the past 2 months / 2K miles . . . . But they did a software refresh too (for air bag roll-over), so there might have been a refresh on CC response at the same time.

My CC issue was that I'd press the button upper left to turn cruise on, but it wouldn't respond. Ten minutes later, and it would work. IF that first press turned it on, the CC always functioned properly. I experimented, and I also saw that sometimes the 'cancel' didn't work either - but the brake pedal switch always disabled CC.

I am really curious whether the switch was the entire problem or not. It is always possible that the switches just have a 0.0X % failure rate (several in ten thousand, or less), and FCA decided using the same part / parts supplier over multiple years of production was simpler, more predictable, and less costly than redesign with the chance it could turn out worse. A small failure rate that all of us post to the web can seem like a really big number, but the warranty replacements might be way less costly than redesign. I had a 2004 Acura which I owned from new and drove for 320K miles, and I replaced that CC switch twice, both out of my own pocket - so FCA wouldn't be the first to have a switch design issue.

Rick Ram-jet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500 4x4 CC / LB
Engine
6.4 L
Greetings All,
I had/have issues too, try holding both top cruise control buttons down at the same time for a couple of seconds.
So far it`s worked every time for me, fingers crossed...

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In the last 3 1/2 years and 30k miles, the cruise control button has not functioned on my truck roughly a half dozen times. All I do is give the switch a good “flick” with my finger and it instantly starts working.

Give that a try! You may just be pleasantly surprised.

Hd74ica

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
In the last 3 1/2 years and 30k miles, the cruise control button has not functioned on my truck roughly a half dozen times. All I do is give the switch a good “flick” with my finger and it instantly starts working.

Give that a try! You may just be pleasantly surprised.

I was having similar issues, flicked the CC on/off button and has worked fine for the last 5 days. Go figure?

David
Lake Superior

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was having similar issues, flicked the CC on/off button and has worked fine for the last 5 days. Go figure?

David
Lake Superior

Yep. Mine only does it about once or twice a year maybe. But it works every time after a flick.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Sounds like it's an issue with the switch. For how often it does it, I'm too busy to worry about it. If it becomes a much more serious issue, then I'll have an excuse to use that Lifetime Maxcare I bought.

marks146

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Similar issues with mine. Picked up a new switch with the intention of installing it myself. Once I studied how to remove the air bags I paid the stealer ($110) to do the job. Haven't had any problems for 6 weeks. Good luck.

Ram2Go

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have 2016 Laramie 1500 and had cruise control switch problems. Switch was replaced prior to extended warranty expiration but still didn’t turn on now & then. Always worked when the dealer took it on the road. After 100K miles, figured out when switch won’t activate, I move the tilt steering to the top and try the cruise again. Seems to work every time and then I move the tilt setting down to original setting and cruise stays on. Must be some electrical contact issue in the steering column.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
An update on mine (which hasn't done it in a long time):
I found that if you are accelerating ABOVE the set speed when I hit Resume, it will keep accelerating until it limits out, then deactivate the cruise. That is the only condition where it is an issue. If I've accelerated above my set speed, start to coast, then press Resume, it coasts down to the speed and works fine.
Sounds like there is a programming issue somewhere. Have not worried about it, since I just...made sure I wasn't accelerating when I press Resume anymore.

John Sabatula

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My abs light came on and the cruise wont start with the light on, also ram can't get the parts for a few weeks to fix the abs.

stoney

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 | 2500 SLT CC
Engine
6.4L w/ 4:10
My cruise will not work / come on once in a while.....just try again a bit later though and it usually works.
Not sure when this started, for the amount I use it, not a huge deal.