Cummins block heater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramit810

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently purchased a 2011 2500 with the Cummins 6.7 diesel. I bought it from Arkansas and shipped it to Michigan. How do I know if it is equipped with a block heater? I'm new to the diesel world!

Hugh Johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
I understand that all 6.7 have the block heater, you just have to buy the cord. Look toward the block behind your oil filter and you will see where you plug in the cord. Google it to see pics

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If it is not with it then you can just buy the kit for $99.

Cummins Block Heater Kit
He won’t need that whole kit. All 6.7’s come with the heating element installed in the block. It’s whether or not the cord is installed.

Like posted above, check for the cord behind the oil filter. If it’s not there, they can be had for $15-$20.

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it's there, the cord it will be located in front bumper passenger side in the same slot as tow hook. I had to dig around for mine to find it.

NormB

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500 SLT
Engine
Cummins 6.7L TD
Checked mine last night after I read this. Heater core‘s in place with a black plastic cap on it. Ordered a plug for it today from Geno‘s.

I‘ve had a core heater in my HMMWV the past two winters connected to a 35F degree switch. Sure, it‘ll start at 20F or lower, but makes the devil‘s own noise doing it, blows unburnt diesel like any other military vehicle. With the heater? Starts right off and purrs like a 5300 lb kitten.

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Did you have any issues once you installed your plug kit? Noticed any funny business in the gauges or with the wipers?
Seems like since I put mine in, the automatic wipers no longer work, even the delay doesn't function. I have low and high only now. Also, my personal settings for my gauge cluster went away and I had a gauge with a glow plug symbol in it.

Biker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
Mine came with the heater. Had to buy the cord. Easy to install. Works fine.

Blindsquirrel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did you have any issues once you installed your plug kit? Noticed any funny business in the gauges or with the wipers?
Seems like since I put mine in, the automatic wipers no longer work, even the delay doesn't function. I have low and high only now. Also, my personal settings for my gauge cluster went away and I had a gauge with a glow plug symbol in it.

Nope, shouldn’t change any of that. I installed a cord on mine, no change but warm on start up for me.