curious on install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have a 2012 ram rt and I want to get it lowered. The kit that I am looking at it the belltech 964sp. The problem is that I dont have the tools to install it and was wondering what have you payed to get your installed? I called 4wheel parts and they want to charge me 625 labor only and that seems way too high for a couple hours of labor.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That kit has the street performance shocks too, non?
THAT would be where the labour comes in.

OP
OP
BlkRamRt

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
yes it comes with the shocks but i didnt want to buy the kit until i get a better quote so im still looking for a good shop in socal.

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If you have a ratchet and crescent wrench your good that is how I dropped mine the first time now I have my power tools so its a lot faster and a full spring and shock change is going to be a minimum of 3-4 hrs depending how long it takes to get that menacing rear shock out lol ( with at least an air ratchet or impact) and then just rent a tourqe wrench it really is not as hard as it looks

OP
OP
BlkRamRt

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If you have a ratchet and crescent wrench your good that is how I dropped mine the first time now I have my power tools so its a lot faster and a full spring and shock change is going to be a minimum of 3-4 hrs depending how long it takes to get that menacing rear shock out lol ( with at least an air ratchet or impact) and then just rent a tourqe wrench it really is not as hard as it looks

thats good to know am i going to need a spring compressor?

OP
OP
BlkRamRt

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i just called another shop and they want to charge me 400 flat with alignment included

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i just called another shop and they want to charge me 400 flat with alignment included

That seems very reasonable, if they quoted a 4 wheel alignment. That's worth $150 by itself, so you're only paying for 2.5 hours of labor.
I'd pay that. However, get it in writing. Wouldn't want it jacked up when you pick it up. "Uh, yeah, we had some unexpected issues so it's now $650..."

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thats good to know am i going to need a spring compressor?

For safety sake yes you need on for the front but with that being said I don't use one I use the jack under the lower control arm and slowly realese the pressure

That is actually not bad but like said before get it in writting and that every thing is included just to cover your end and make sure that it's warrentied

OP
OP
BlkRamRt

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
That seems very reasonable, if they quoted a 4 wheel alignment. That's worth $150 by itself, so you're only paying for 2.5 hours of labor.
I'd pay that. However, get it in writing. Wouldn't want it jacked up when you pick it up. "Uh, yeah, we had some unexpected issues so it's now $650..."

hahaha i hear ya on that one... but like joeg45 said that its only simple tools i am pretty sure i can rent them from like autozone or pepboys and do it myself and save the 400 and put it towards something else

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tools pay for themselves. I don't have THAT many tools but I hardly have room for them, but because they save me money every time I sue them, they're invaluable. Some jobs are intimidating until you're done because its something new, but once complete you think "Huh; that was easy".

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
hahaha i hear ya on that one... but like joeg45 said that its only simple tools i am pretty sure i can rent them from like autozone or pepboys and do it myself and save the 400 and put it towards something else

I was I'm those shoes as wheel I keep looking and calling around for quotes some good price but no warranty and with it was expensive I got tired of looking and said screw it I'm doing it my self with the money saved I ended up getting unlimited alignments from Firestone for like 160 the airlift kit and saved the rest this was also my first time doing any suspension work on my owne but I felt great afterwards knowing I did it my self

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Tools pay for themselves. I don't have THAT many tools but I hardly have room for them, but because they save me money every time I sue them, they're invaluable. Some jobs are intimidating until you're done because its something new, but once complete you think "Huh; that was easy".

^^^exactly

I just buy a tool at a time no need to spend thousands all at once and not use them often and u can always just rent specialty tools so no need to buy all those

joeg45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Also get pb blaster or liquid wrench something along those lines and spray the bolts and muts the night before if you decide to do it your self

OP
OP
BlkRamRt

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i will keep all the good info in mind if i decide to do it thanks guys.