Curt Spectrum Brake Controller - Perfect Install!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marc H

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I really wanted to go with the OEM controller in my 2016 Ram 1500, but due to both cost and availability of parts, I decided to give the Curt Spectrum 51170 a try.

Honestly, the install is so sweet I actually prefer it to the OEM. It may not integrate with the settings through the truck display / radio, but it’s a perfect match with all the other rotary style controls.

I’ll add some functional reviews in a week or two (waiting for trailer to get out of the shop for prep for 4th of July trip), but everything seems super legit from the reviews I’ve read and videos I’ve watched.

View media item 29381
View media item 29380

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks nice and clean. I like the fact that most of it is hidden.

OP
OP
Marc H

Marc H

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This thing works perfect.. so easy. Not sure I’d want the OEM. :)

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have all my towing parts are made by CURT, seems like good stuff. Like the look of the rotary knob.

tnpete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How hard was the install on this? Looking to add this to my 2015. Sad owned it from day one. Just never used it to pull trailers. Now using it more so need to add the trailer brake.