DASH CIGARETTE PLUG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
MY 2021 RAM 1500 BIG HORN DASH CIGARETTE PLUG IS POWERD ON FULL TIME . HOW CAN I CHANGE IT TO THE SWITCHED POSITION ?

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
Not sure if it is the same, but on my 2020 RAM 3500 the only selectable is the F90/91 fuse.

Bill A

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
MY 2021 RAM 1500 BIG HORN DASH CIGARETTE PLUG IS POWERD ON FULL TIME . HOW CAN I CHANGE IT TO THE SWITCHED POSITION ?

I'd like to be able to have mine switched too. If anyone comes up with a solution please post.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I recall on the earlier Rams
One of the fuses were powered all the time & the other was ignition powered

It may still be that way on the newer Rams

NicksGarage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Sorry, the information below is for 2014, just reread your post and you're asking about a 2021. Let me look up the owner's manual for that one.

According to the 2014 owner's manual the fuse for the "cigar lighter" is F93. The one for the power outlets is F104. Typically you can only changed the switched ones to be on all the time by moving the fuse over one position. You usually can't change the cigar lighter one to being switched without rewiring it.

NicksGarage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Yes the 2014 manual might not pertain to my 2021 Ram. I am pretty sure I red that the cigarette outlet is supposed to switched. Mine has full time unstitched power. I really need it to be switched. I NEED HELP .

Yes, that's why I posted the pages from the 2021 owner's manual. If the cover of the outlet has a battery icon, it's on all the time, if it has a key on it, it's switched. I've only seen them allow you to change the switched ones to constant, not the other way around.

OP
OP
dieseldave

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, that's why I posted the pages from the 2021 owner's manual. If the cover of the outlet has a battery icon, it's on all the time, if it has a key on it, it's switched. I've only seen them allow you to change the switched ones to constant, not the other way around.
It sounds like I will have to do a complete re-wire to the upper cigarette lighter in the upper console. Any suggestions as to where / how to get this in a switched position in the fuse box ?

OP
OP
dieseldave

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure if it is the same, but on my 2020 RAM 3500 the only selectable is the F90/91 fuse.
What do you mean (selectable ) ? Do I move the fuse from one location to the other? I’m sorry for sounding stupid but I have my GPS and my TT camera plugged in to the cigarette plug witch is now hidden behind the dash and they have the red indicator lights drawing power.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
What do you mean (selectable ) ? Do I move the fuse from one location to the other? I’m sorry for sounding stupid but I have my GPS and my TT camera plugged in to the cigarette plug witch is now hidden behind the dash and they have the red indicator lights drawing power.

If avail, the slot that the selectable fuse is in will have 3 holes. Moving the fuse from one side to the other (middle common) will change the power source

Non ram for demo
Image1.jpg