Dash heater control unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed Brock

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985 & 2015
Engine
318 & 3.0 Diesel
1985 W150. Looking for the dash control unit for the heater. Not the part that water goes through or the valve that controls the heater core. Would like the fan switch also, not need but I will take it. I don't need the control cables. This unit is the NON A/C controller.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
SO I have no idea of what your looking for . BUT If your just wanting AN on off / 1..2..3... switch . Then any parts house has a Universal heater / ac switch .. HS98 Std Ign part number . & May be BWD number also .

OP
OP
E

Ed Brock

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985 & 2015
Engine
318 & 3.0 Diesel
The part I'm looking for is the part that the blower motor switch is attached to. Also, this may be a better way to describe the part, it has the cables for the heat valve and the heater or defroster selection cables attaches to it. I don't need the cables just the part the cables attach to. I could use the black plastic knobs that push on to the selector arms.
Hope this helps, thanks for your information.
Ed

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
I had to buy a parts truck to get mine. Came with dozens of other handy parts too. ;)

OP
OP
E

Ed Brock

Reaction score
Ram Year
1985 & 2015
Engine
318 & 3.0 Diesel
u2slow,
Great name for a Mopar person. I hear you, but don't need or want to do that as mine is in excellent condition. I have just 370,000 miles on it.

Only reason I'm in the dash is because I found a NOS amp gauge to replace my not reading one. It passed amps through it, it just did not register any action. Then I found the broken climate controller housing, so need to fix that. Everything else is in great condition.

You know, like they say; "Dodge, depend on it".
Thanks. Ed

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
What did you find wrong with your amp gauge . Mine doesn't work on one of my 1988 .
It's my gas 1988 & I pulled one from another 1987 Dodge Ram Charger . iT Doesn't work either . Nor does the water temp in my dash cluster .
2 Clusters & neither work on the left side.
I've added a manual water temp gauge but I'd like my dash cluster to work.
Hoping you knew what you'd found wrong.