Dash Swap lost some functions, Help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LCattin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently bought a 2000 1500 4x4 with a rotten dash. It had some electrical issues as well. The truck has been in Arizona all it's life which contributed to the dash failure. I found a complete dash board that came out of a truck in the Midwest for a great price and bought it.

The original dash had a highline CTM which supported Keyless Remote. The new dash has a base CTM. Replacing the dash seemed to have fixed all the weird electrical gremlins that were floating around but now my dome lights will not come on when the doors are opened (they work when you roll the dimmer knob up) and the door locks will not operate. Don't care about the keyless remote as I didn't get a key FOB with the truck anyhow.

Has anyone else done a swap like this and if so were you able to maybe jumper some circuitry around to make these items work again?

OP
OP
L

LCattin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did see the changes but short of using the old wiring harness (which had some problems) so I could plug in the highline CTM which has two plugins instead of just one for the base model, I had to use the base unit. I was just wondering if anyone had figured out a wiring fix. I will have to study the wiring diagrams to see the differences and see if I can come up with a fix.