Daytime Running Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard Ake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
Just bought my first Ram and love my 2018 4x4 Sport. I was surprised with all the options it has that it does not have daytime running lights. My wife's 2017 new Hyundai has them as well. I have no problem manually turning on my lights, just figured a 2018 would have them.

Jeff CA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you're interested in getting them turned on, there are many threads on how to do this if you perform a search. Summary: get the dealer to add sales code LM5 to your VIN. Mine did it for free as it is a quick process.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
If you're interested in getting them turned on, there are many threads on how to do this if you perform a search. Summary: get the dealer to add sales code LM5 to your VIN. Mine did it for free as it is a quick process.

I have a jerk dealer- wont even do it if I pay.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The dealer I bought the truck from stated couldn’t be done as the option wasn’t available for my vin but he could explore it for $175! I Explained the process and sent him the letter so now he’s looking into it he claims, we’ll see

Jeff CA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try another dealer. Forum members' experiences with dealers turning on DRLs has been hit or miss.

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a jerk dealer- wont even do it if I pay.
Absolutely a "jerk dealer!" You just bought probably a $50K+ vehicle and they won't do something that takes just a few minutes to make you happy? I forgot to mention it when I took delivery, but asked when I brought it in for the first LOF. I asked if it could be done and was willing to pay, but they did it as a courtesy. I'd go up the "chain" and see if you can get it done. Good luck!

OP
OP
Richard Ake

Richard Ake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
Thanks to all! I will try that. Razzman, what letter did you get and from where?

OP
OP
Richard Ake

Richard Ake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
Jeff, what does adding that number to the VIN do and is that something the have hook the truck up to do? Can see them charging for that. Really that's all it took to enable yours? That be great.

OP
OP
Richard Ake

Richard Ake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
Thanks Razzman, would they do that with the 1500 not being listed you think?

JRam5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So I just spoke with my dealer's service rep... What is a sales code she asked (UGH). So not even knowing what I was talking about, even with the threads instruction sheet in hand, she said this cant be done, no bulbs "be careful what you read on forums". After some convincing she said they would try for $121.

I have projectors btw. And so I'm clear, the turn signal bulbs are repurposed as both DRL and blinkers, correct?

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks Razzman, would they do that with the 1500 not being listed you think?

Others have had success getting it done. Once presented to my dealer he looked like a deer In headlights, had no clue. I’ll be trying others this week, maybe I’ll get lucky

OP
OP
Richard Ake

Richard Ake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
Keep me posted as to your success or not. Maybe not worth the hassle. You would think it would just be standard on a 2018!

steven_sbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just took the printed page to Keller Bros Ram in Lititz PA (where I just bought my new truck last week) and they were able to turn on the DRL in just a few minutes. They were great about doing it. I gave the page to my salesman Ryan (we were finishing up some paperwork), he gave it to manager Dan who gave it to the service department who said "no problem". Piece of pie. Easy as cake. It was as easy as 3.141592...

JSVT3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just took the printed page to Keller Bros Ram in Lititz PA (where I just bought my new truck last week) and they were able to turn on the DRL in just a few minutes. They were great about doing it. I gave the page to my salesman Ryan (we were finishing up some paperwork), he gave it to manager Dan who gave it to the service department who said "no problem". Piece of pie. Easy as cake. It was as easy as 3.141592...

I'm going to PM you bud. I'm not terribly far from Lititz so this may be worth the drive.

OP
OP
Richard Ake

Richard Ake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi
With the procedure not having the 1500 listed, are they doing it for them as well?

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So on my fourth try I found a dealer 60 miles from me that actually is aware of adding DRLs to a 1500! One hours labor @ $80 and I’ll have them, just gotta make an appointment. The previous three I called all pretty much said “We’re not aware or familiar with that” nor were they willing to try, smh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank