DBALL Express kit help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KBExperience

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys, So I got the DBALL Express kit on ebay already programmed for my truck. I got the t harness as well. So I installed it, and the LED blinks correctly like it's programmed right according to the instructions, but the truck won't start when I press the lock button 3x in 3 secs. Any ideas?

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I didn't know you could start the truck via lock button?? Do you have the factory remote start or just regular lock and unlock key fob

OP
OP
KBExperience

KBExperience

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn't know you could start the truck via lock button?? Do you have the factory remote start or just regular lock and unlock key fob

Dball express kit starts the truck when you hit the lock button 3x.. But it's not working for some reason. Anyone have any ideas

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Jeremy, with the DB-ALL express kit you can add remote start for like $75
You use the existing remote and start the truck by pushing the lock button three times.

bashby80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When you first make the connections, it'll blink. You have to put the key in and turn it to the ON position. You'll get a solid green light. Key to the OFF position and remove. Hit 3 times (not super fast, just close enough to ensure the truck recognized each press) and the truck should start. I just did this to mine 2 weeks ago. Good luck.

OP
OP
KBExperience

KBExperience

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It did blink like it should when I installed it and followed the steps. I guess I need to have it programmed again.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try double checking the pins in the T-harness connectors and then do the key-on programming again. I seem to remember someone on here having a bad T-Harness, but it may just be a bent pin.

robby5323

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Single Cab
Engine
Hemi
Is the DBall unit flashed correctly? I had this problem as well. I bought a DBall from eBay. The vendor was supposed to flash it correctly. Well, that didn't happen. I had it programmed to my truck, but the unit wasn't flashed. I purchased the device to flash it myself. Installed it on my laptop, flashed the DBall and it worked as it should.

OP
OP
KBExperience

KBExperience

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went ahead and ordered the thing to flash it, so when that comes in I'll flash it correctly. Lol

newramowner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Reprogrammed it, and now or works great! Thanks guys!
i recently purchased the dball and t-harness with the xkloader2 to flash the dball but i am having trouble getting it to work. Not sure if I am using the correct firmware settings. can you tell me what firmware settings you used?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i still find this cool, but glad my truck came with remote start

Khimson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 Ram 1500. I just bought one and tried to install it without any success. I have the CHTHD1 cable. My question is: the only 2 things I need is the CHTHD1 cable and the DBall right? the one i bought from ebay (preflashed) came with DB-All harness kit and hood latch switch also. I followed the YouTube video that was posted earlier on this tread. What is basically going on is when I push the lockx3 the green light blinks 15 times and on the 15th time the trucks locks the doors and turns off. Ive tried about 10-15 times and on 2 occasion the truck tried to turn on, I can hear the truck starting to turn things on, but the starter motor never tried to turn on. Anyone has any idea?

swavet22

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a 2010 ram and purchased the dball and the cable. I flashed the dball but when I push the lock button 3 times the dball flashes red seven times. Anyone else have this issue if so what did you do to correct this?

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2010 ram and purchased the dball and the cable. I flashed the dball but when I push the lock button 3 times the dball flashes red seven times. Anyone else have this issue if so what did you do to correct this?

what position is the toggle switch in?