Dead FOB, CCTV tower and a pair of Buicks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Parked in the outskirts of a grocery store lot close to a solar powered, mobile CCTV tower. Was there less than 15 minutes. Came out and no go w/the FOB. Tried pushing the start button with the end of the FOB as prescribed. Nothing!

Two newer Buicks were parked nearby. Both owners had dead FOBs too!!! One had someone pick her up. She had frozen groceries and the dead car would be her husband’s problem later on.

The other Buick owner was a middle aged guy. He kept trying every trick he knew for Buicks, no luck.

After about 49 minutes out of frustration I hit the remote start again. The Buick guy hit his start button again too. Both started.

My truck has restarted multiple times in the past 2.5 hours and all works perfectly again. Won’t park near another CCTV tower again.

Last edited:

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Parked in the outskirts of a grocery store lot close to a solar powered, mobile CCTV tower. Was there less than 15 minutes. Came out and no go w/the FOB. Tried pushing the start button with the end of the FOB as prescribed. Nothing!

Two newer Buicks were parked nearby. Both owners had dead FOBs too!!! One had someone pick her up. She had frozen groceries and the dead car would be her husband’s problem later on.

The other Buick owner was a middle aged guy. He kept trying every trick he knew for Buicks, no luck.

After about 49 minutes out of frustration I hit the remote start again. The Buick guy hit his start button again too. Both started.

My truck has restarted multiple times in the past 2.5 hours and all works perfectly again. Won’t park near another CCTV tower again.
Just imagine what the RFI/EMF is doing to your health! ;)

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I racked my brain for a few minutes trying to come up with a Carnac the Magnificent verse, but couldn't....It's just begging for one though.

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My FOB has been acting up. Go start and it says FOB not detected. Push the button right away again and it starts.
Pull on the door handle and door doesn't unlock. Pull the FOB out of my pocket and hold it in my hand and the door unlocks.
I think my battery is going.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
My FOB is from a 2016 Ram

Very Strange thing happened today, my spare FOB was on a shelf in my living room.
My Ram started beeping randomly
My apartment manager knocked & told me to check my FOB

I found a tiny screwdriver & opened the case
The circuit board fried itself to 2 Contact buttons on the half of the case that has the buttons on it :)

I went to a local Locksmith, paid $149.98
got a new Programmed FOB & a new Valet Key