Dealer paint protection ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What is this, and what are your thoughts ?

Normally, I don't go for stuff like this, as usually it is just a money maker for the dealer, and in my past, it is something that is usually already on the vehicle. (had a toyota dealer try to sell me undercoating, and the vehicle was already undercoated)

Have any of you purchased it ? and do you think it is worth it ?

OP
OP
TRCM

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's a product called "auto armor", and it covers paint as well as the interior......................but from what I am seeing on the net, not so sure it's worth it (which was my gut feeling anyway)

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Its a lot of profit for the dealership. Its the equivalent of Ziebart's "Diamond Gloss". Its marketed as a paint sealant. I would say its more of a long lasting wax. Ziebart says it will last a year.

You aren't getting anything you wouldn't get through regular washing and waxing except convenience. If you are willing to pay big $$$ for not having to wax your car a few times a year, go for it.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1) Go to Wal-Mart.
2) Find Meguiars NXT wax (paste will last longer than liquid but is a little tougher to buff off)
3) Apply as per directions.
4) Stand back, admire your freshly waxed ride, knowing you saved hundreds of dollars, and this finish will also last a year.

there are other systems liek Zaino out there as well, that with a little knowledge, are INSANELY easy to apply and last a year easily. Don't pay for dealer add-ons!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
i would save my money

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO it is not worth what you pay the dealer-----even if they do it for free. Dealers are not known for their outstanding detail work, and they usually do more harm than good. A good wax will last about 90 days, a good sealant will last about 6 months. There are very few products that will last longer than that, that the normal consumer can buy. I say, wash your new truck, clay bar it, polish it, put a good sealant on it, and then top that with a good wax. After that you only need to use a spray detailer on it after every wash and then renew the wax/sealant about every 6 months or so. If you want more info go to:
autopia.org
autogeek.net
2 of my favorite products are Wolfgang 3.0 sealant and Collinite 845 wax. Do a little research and see what you think. Neither are as cheap as stuff you buy in big box stores but they are used by professional detailers and receive excellent reviews.
Jay

Last edited:

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never heard of it. Sounds like something to protect from rock chips, I would just get some 3m rock protector

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Think I'd pass for the reasons listed above, which confirmed and added to my thoughts already.