Dealer still has my Ram and it wont start !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YoungRaider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic

In mid October I went out to start my truck to take my daughter to school and to my surprise it wouldnt start. I look at all the usual things battery, starter, reset the brain, everything I could think of. After about an hour or so boom it started. drove great the rest of the day. Next morning same thing happened, I took it to the dealer and after 4-5 days they said your truck is fixed ....(valve body replacement). I said cool went and got it. Two weeks later it happened again same thing everything worked just wouldnt crank at all said I need to have my trans and electronic breaks serviced. So they towed it in once again and now th ey have had it for 6 days and counting. They still have no clue whats going on. i bought it September 1st less than 3500 miles.20191113_082847.jpg

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@RamCares

PM these guys and see if they can help with your warranty service. Sorry to hear about your truck.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well hell, that's a hell of a way to start(no pun intended). Hope they get it figured out for you. It's kinda a crap shoot at dealers, some are good and others are worst. I hope you got a good one.
Jay

Last edited:
OP
OP
YoungRaider

YoungRaider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you I love the truck. I bought new so i wouldnt have these issues but well see what they come up with. but for now they have me driving a Chrysler 300s. not a truck but it hauls ass.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO electrical issues are the hardest to chase down--but with all this new fancy stuff maybe it's a lot easier now---
Jay

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

In mid October I went out to start my truck to take my daughter to school and to my surprise it wouldnt start. I look at all the usual things battery, starter, reset the brain, everything I could think of. After about an hour or so boom it started. drove great the rest of the day. Next morning same thing happened, I took it to the dealer and after 4-5 days they said your truck is fixed ....(valve body replacement). I said cool went and got it. Two weeks later it happened again same thing everything worked just wouldnt crank at all said I need to have my trans and electronic breaks serviced. So they towed it in once again and now th ey have had it for 6 days and counting. They still have no clue whats going on. i bought it September 1st less than 3500 miles.View attachment 186418

Hey YoungRaider,

I'm so sorry to hear that your ownership experience has started out this way. This is certainly not what we expect for our loyal customers. Would you mind following up with us via PM to provide your VIN? I would be more than happy to look into your situation further on our end to determine how to best assist you.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Mark
RamCares

OP
OP
YoungRaider

YoungRaider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I got a message from them yesterday saying the VALVE BODY they just replaced was bad im worried its something bigger causing this two valve body the replacement with less than 500 miles. anyone know what could cause this to happen

OP
OP
YoungRaider

YoungRaider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok guys, so i just got my truck back and they actually did some investigating into why the valve body would be bad turns out it was the 34way wire harness the connector was broken and wasnt making a good connection. Lets hope this was the fix and i have no more issues.thank you @RamCares and @G-Ride990.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Ok guys, so i just got my truck back and they actually did some investigating into why the valve body would be bad turns out it was the 34way wire harness the connector was broken and wasnt making a good connection. Lets hope this was the fix and i have no more issues.thank you @RamCares and @G-Ride990.

Thank you for following up to share this update, YoungRaider! I'm glad to hear that it sounds like your dealer was able to identify and correct this concern. If this concern or anything else pops up down the road, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us via private message. We are always more than happy to help.

Mark
RamCares

Scshinn918

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ltr

In mid October I went out to start my truck to take my daughter to school and to my surprise it wouldnt start. I look at all the usual things battery, starter, reset the brain, everything I could think of. After about an hour or so boom it started. drove great the rest of the day. Next morning same thing happened, I took it to the dealer and after 4-5 days they said your truck is fixed ....(valve body replacement). I said cool went and got it. Two weeks later it happened again same thing everything worked just wouldnt crank at all said I need to have my trans and electronic breaks serviced. So they towed it in once again and now th ey have had it for 6 days and counting. They still have no clue whats going on. i bought it September 1st less than 3500 miles.View attachment 186418
My 2019 Big Horn, 5.7 Hemi, would not start and it turned out the the Hybrid battery that is located behind the rear seat on the drivers side was bad. After over three weeks dealer replaced both batteries and the truck is running OK now. Good Luck

Joseph Gomez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just went thru the same problem, two dealers could not figure it out. replaced pressure sensor twice, transmission service twice. Pulled all electrical connecters to make sure they were getting good contact. Finally took it to a tranny shop someone had recommended. They said it was a valve body problem. Replaced it and after the test drive it burned up the shifting solenoid. After all of that, turned out it was part of the PCM computer had gone bad. Replaced with a new computer and them had to replace the key ignition module because it fried also. About $3500 worth of repairs and it runs like a champ now. I still feel if the computer had been replaced to start with, I could have saved a lot of money. You can buy a refurbished PCM with your vehicle info installed in it for around $200 online.

Vanlecktor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
These previous posts are yet another example of why I feel today's vehicles are just a pain in the ass. I realize I am probably living in the past but I just don't think the consumer is getting what they pay for with these expensive NEW trucks having all these problems. Granted often times repairs are covered under factory warranty. Once the factory warranty expires you are on your own ! These electrical gremlins seem to be more and more common. In some cases I think owners should consider "class action" law suits to hold Chrysler accountable for building defective trucks. Technology today should make vehicles better and easier to diagnose and fix.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
These previous posts are yet another example of why I feel today's vehicles are just a pain in the ass. I realize I am probably living in the past but I just don't think the consumer is getting what they pay for with these expensive NEW trucks having all these problems. Granted often times repairs are covered under factory warranty. Once the factory warranty expires you are on your own ! These electrical gremlins seem to be more and more common. In some cases I think owners should consider "class action" law suits to hold Chrysler accountable for building defective trucks. Technology today should make vehicles better and easier to diagnose and fix.

It's not that they are building defective trucks lol, it's the fact that the people they have working on our trucks have no clue how to diagnose these trucks. Many times these mechanics are old timers who are used to working on real machines with very little electrical issues.

Now they are expected to be able to work on these trucks or lose their jobs, so they are given the tools to work on them but have no clue how they really work.

Look, we didn't get our arms twisted and forced to buy these new vehicles, we know that risks of buying new trucks and cars, yes we shouldn't have to worry about this but they do give us warranties.

If things go how they should we get our vehicles fixed, but sometimes "WE" wait until it is too late to take our vehicles in because of the long waits, I'm guilty of that myself lol.

A class action law suit will take months if not years to even be considered valid, by the time anything is settled we probably already moved on to a newer truck or to another vehicle maker.

I know you don't want to hear/read this but it's the truth.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well hell, that's a hell of a way to start(no pun intended). Hope they get it figured out for you. It's kinda a crap shoot at dealers, some are good and others are worst. I hope you got a good one.
Jay

Yep. I had to 1 star mine they other day on Google. They never fix anything just say they can't find it, and I found their vice grips still clamped on a hose in my engine when I got home.