Dealer will not service any MOPAR over 10 years old. I am in a crank but no start. I am sure the problem is in the anti theft system.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codeblueracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L GAS
To date I have been unable to secure a schematic of that system and sit here broken hearted. I have a VA appointment Wed AM and am starting to get very worried. Any suggestion will be followed up on right a way.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the year and model of your truck? Are you getting fuel pressure? Are you getting spark? Are the injectors firing? And CEL?

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Auto shutdown relay comes to mind first... then the crankshaft position sensor. The Crank Sensor is a real Achille's heel in those days.

OP
OP
C

codeblueracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L GAS
my 1999 ram 2500 5.9 gas engine 4x4 and auto trans have performed well until this twist.I have back tracked and confirmed no circuits have errors revealing a "open circuit' impairment but have confirmed spark but the fuel pump circuit is intermittent. I routed a 'stand alone' power circuit and have attained the pump operation but unsure to trust this make believe repair. I am in the process of verifying crank position sensor operation and installed a new ASD. I will make additional repairs to ensure operation will not bypassed.

zrock

Reaction score
pretty sad now that to be a tech all you have to know is how to turn a computer on and read.. Soon none of the old school guys will be around that actually knew how to diagnose a issue..

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
The problem with many techs today is they change parts with out testing or using the scanner !

Case in point my left steering buttons stopped working !
Took to dealer instead of my local guy because I figured the dealer would be better in this case !
First Change a cable in the steering wheel ,Work order stated did not fix
2nd part was a relay Work order stated did not fix
3rd part was Clock Spring and it was fixed :O
The first 2 parts were about 200$ , BUT since that cable is very thin I have no issue with those part being changed !

Many techs today do not know how to troubleshoot even when using a scanner

Attachments

• Popeye.jpg
    Popeye.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 2

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A Scanner is NOT the do-all / end-all of diagnostics. Diagnostics still require critical thinking skills at the executive level.
A Scanner merely points one in the direction of which system NEEDS diagnosis, and can ASSIST in said diagnosis.
The brainiacs of the business have died, retired, or just quit due to how capital intense this business is. All we're left with are dolts, so it seems!

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
For me, it has been at least 8 years since i opened the hood, placed a foot on each motor mount & did a repair or tune up.

I have a couple of cabinets full of Motor Manuals & the original Chilton's Manuals, ( 3 inches thick )

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For me, it has been at least 8 years since i opened the hood, placed a foot on each motor mount & did a repair or tune up.

I have a couple of cabinets full of Motor Manuals & the original Chilton's Manuals, ( 3 inches thick )
My first Chilton's is still with me.... I have eyes on it right now. I got it for Christmas, 1972. It's the 1965 thru 1972 cars and light truck book. It has been all over the place with me.