Dealership appointment tomorrow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

URdone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Having an issue where when i turn my AC on there is a thump and a noise. Seems like it's coming from inside the dash down by my feet. Hopefully they can sort it out quickly.

When I get it back I get to install my BD tuner that arrived today!!!

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I'm not sure the typical sounds of the newer trucks but its not uncommon to hear the A/C compressor engage with a bit of a 'thump'. There's no limited slipping to it.. its either engaged or not...

Hope you get an answer..

OP
OP
URdone21

URdone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I just want it back, fixed, and in a hurry! Dying to install my tuner!

OP
OP
URdone21

URdone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fully plan on that. That tuner is going back on eBay if I don't get the results I want after 30 days.

OP
OP
URdone21

URdone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You might have a problem selling that Bully Dog Tuner since they changed their policy regarding changing vehicles. :(

Just bought it from a guy who had it on his vehicle previously. Don't think it will be a problem.

JohnnyDollar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just bought it from a guy who had it on his vehicle previously. Don't think it will be a problem.

From what I have recently read, they are now charging $250.00 to use it on a different vehicle once it has been used.
Perhaps yours will work OK.

OP
OP
URdone21

URdone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just talked to them yesterday and the guy helped me load the tunes. No issues. STOP RAINING ON MY PARADE! Haha

JohnnyDollar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just talked to them yesterday and the guy helped me load the tunes. No issues. STOP RAINING ON MY PARADE! Haha
Cool then, I guess the rant I read was incorrect, which is a good thing.

I certainly do not want to rain on your parade at all. :)

OP
OP
URdone21

URdone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got the truck back. They said they didn't hear/feel anything from the AC like I was describing.

Got the truck home. Loaded tune for the first time. Went with the premium as I have 93 in the tank now. Took it for a ride across town and almost didn't notice any difference (except it sounded like there is more noise coming from under the hood and not necessarily in a good way). It's a very small difference. One guy said the difference was bigger after a few days. So I will wait and see. The goal with this tuner for me is to achieve better MPG in town because I do 95% of my driving in town. I will give that test a good 30 days.

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the 4.7 but for what its worth my tuner helped MPG big time. I drive in town 99% of the time, have 5.5" lift and 35's and am seeing 14.5 in town up from 12.2-13.0. Highway was 18.7 only trip I have taken. Just my notice as well as better shifting.

OP
OP
URdone21

URdone21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 4.7 but for what its worth my tuner helped MPG big time. I drive in town 99% of the time, have 5.5" lift and 35's and am seeing 14.5 in town up from 12.2-13.0. Highway was 18.7 only trip I have taken. Just my notice as well as better shifting.

Thanks for the input. I'll have to wait and see with my 5.7. I was hoping to feel a difference in power AND get better MPG, apparently that was a pipe dream. I have a hard time believing that somehow I'll start to feel more power after a couple days of driving with the tune loaded. That doesn't make sense to me. Gonna be patient though.