Decent Deal on Amazon for Hemi Honey (Redline 5w30)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
Amazon has Redline 5w30 for $81.99 for 6 quarts...works out to about $13.66/qt. I just ordered 6 qts. to go along with the 1 1/2 qts. that I had left over from the last oil change. This Hemi Honey along with my stash of RP 20-820 oil filters will give me what I need for my annual Hemi oil change coming up in the Spring.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the info! I am about ready for an oil change myself.

FYI, Nick@GotExhaust (forum vendor) is who I get my redline goodies from. I just ordered a case of SL1 fuel system cleaner from him yesterday and he smoked Amazon's price. In my experience it's worth giving him a shout before you go Amazon.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Darn I wish Nick had anoutlet in canada..OR I had a buddy in the US close to the canadian border to get stuff from a vendor like Nick@GotExhaust. There is a company/guy that puts out a product, has to make a dollar that's whuy he is in business but has prices that are reasonable and has knowledge to boot..Big Kuddos to Nick@GotExhaust...

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Darn I wish Nick had anoutlet in canada..OR I had a buddy in the US close to the canadian border to get stuff from a vendor like Nick@GotExhaust. There is a company/guy that puts out a product, has to make a dollar that's whuy he is in business but has prices that are reasonable and has knowledge to boot..Big Kuddos to Nick@GotExhaust...
Right? Sorry you have to deal with that, I'd bring you some if I was closer to the border and if that is possible.

I just hit 1 year on my oil in November but I am only at 4k miles, so I am going to run it for another month or so before I change it.

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an lternative as i run PUP and Wix filter which my Warlock seems to love so I sty with that when it comes om sale. Prices these days on everything are nuts. Only grght park in all odf this a local gas station had reg gas at $113.9/l...filled 'er up..nice savings!

OP
OP
Ludville1

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
Right? Sorry you have to deal with that, I'd bring you some if I was closer to the border and if that is possible.

I just hit 1 year on my oil in November but I am only at 4k miles, so I am going to run it for another month or so before I change it.
For me, I only put on about 2K-3K miles a year, so I only do the oil change once a year. And at the price of Redline, that's enough, lol!

slbenz600

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L
Amazon has Redline 5w30 for $81.99 for 6 quarts...works out to about $13.66/qt. I just ordered 6 qts. to go along with the 1 1/2 qts. that I had left over from the last oil change. This Hemi Honey along with my stash of RP 20-820 oil filters will give me what I need for my annual Hemi oil change coming up in the Spring.
I have a question about your oil and why you have liffter noise? I run a full syntetic 0-40 W Amsoil with WIX filter since new I am at 145,150 miles, never had any problems.

OP
OP
Ludville1

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
Double Post

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ludville1

Ludville1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Sport Crew
That's good to hear, not all Ram 5.7 trucks have much lifter noise, some do right from the start. In my case, I bought my 2009 truck back in 2018 with 149,000 miles on it, and it had a very faint tick which may have been a lifter tick. The previous owner had used Redline 5w20, then Redline 5w30 in it for a while, then went to Valvoline Maxlife 5w30 due to the high cost of a Redline oil change. For me, I have been using Redline 5w30 High Performance along with a Royal Purple 20-820 oil filter more as a preventative measure, as this has proven to be about the best combination for the 5.7 Ram trucks. My Hemi is very quiet running this combo. It's expensive, but my OCI is only once a year because I only put on about 2K-3K miles annually. If your truck runs quiet on your set up, by all means stay with it.

Last edited:

Geeleena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just had the camshaft and lifter failure. I’ve bought the redline 5w30 which I got it at 12 qt. Since then I’ve thought of every preventive approach so hopefully it won’t happen again. Yes RL can be expensive. So I’ve decided how to get RL effects but at a cheaper cost at oil changes. Get any good quality oil of your choosing then add RL engine brake in engine oil additive loaded with zddp at 16 per bottle every oil change. Doesn’t get better than that