def and exhaust etc..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Average_gatsby45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel.
is there a way get better exhaust while keeping my DEF?
I live in an emissions county, and even though now it's just a safety inspection, who knows what the future holds.

I'd like to open up my exhaust a little bit, to let her breathe and wake'er up

I was looking at a S and B cold air intake, but don't think it would do much good if the backside is restricted.

Tell me if I'm wrong, and if this will be a true gain or just throwing money at a fantasy

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Nope, nothing you can do. And unless you plan on making serious mods to the truck the current exhaust and intake are more then adequate, making it larger or adding a CAI is going to do nothing for you. Save your money.

OP
OP
Average_gatsby45

Average_gatsby45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel.
Nope, nothing you can do. And unless you plan on making serious mods to the truck the current exhaust and intake are more then adequate, making it larger or adding a CAI is going to do nothing for you. Save your money.

thanks
i just see all these videos and people talking about better exhaust, deleting, etc etc and i just never knew what the actual benefits and gains were

thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
adding a CAI is going to do nothing for you. Save your money.
^^^ wut he said
With a forced induction engine, aftermarket CIA are good for looks and sound. Some actually hinder performance. Your not going to see any performance gains from dropping the intake resistance a few hundreds of an inch when diesels run on multiple pounds of boost(the is 28 in/wc in 1 psi)
The CTD actually uses an active cold air intake box that adjust to aid in efficiency and power.
The EcoDiesel airfilter is also used in the 6.4l Hemi engine. The airfilter can flow more air than the turbo can push into the EcoDiesel.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Without going full delete you won't see any real improvement in performance with a larger intake and exhaust on the 6.7L Cummins.