Delayed Start (Rebuilt Engine)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckGuyKY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 - 5.7 liter hemi

Recently I rebuilt my motor because of a collapsed lifter, delayed start, and some funky oil pressure readings.

After the rebuild the motor ran AMAZING but the oil pressure still had wacky readings and the delayed start continued.

So far the motor has new lifters, cam, timing set, oil pump, new knock sensors, Crack shift sensor, cam sensor, map sensor, new plugs, wires, coils, and injectors. Also bought a throttle body, new battery, new starter (bad out of box?), and a new fuel pump (I am getting 58 psi for fuel pressure)

I validated the oil pressure with a mechanical guage and it's great! Not much left other than the TIPM which I don't think is the problem.

Some other symptoms/problems are that the car has codes for knock, crank, and, cam sensors, if they were bad the car wouldn't run so that can't be true.

Hope I can get a couple suggestions before my long trip coming up at the end of the month!

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is something I may end up doing to my 2005 1500 5.7. Picking it up later sometime this weekend. I know nothing of the 3rd Gens though. Learning lessons for myself.