DiabloSport Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeeter94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been looking into putting a Diablo tuner in my 2014 Ram 1500, but stuck on the model. I would like the ability of custom tunes but at the same time I read (WARNING: This product is not street legal and may only be used on Racing Vehicles. Racing Vehicles must be used exclusively for racing or other forms of competition. Racing vehicles must not be registered and must never be used on the street. It is illegal to install this product on a registered vehicle and use it on the street.) But the gear head in my says oh well no one will know. where do yall weight in on this.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been looking into putting a Diablo tuner in my 2014 Ram 1500, but stuck on the model. I would like the ability of custom tunes but at the same time I read (WARNING: This product is not street legal and may only be used on Racing Vehicles. Racing Vehicles must be used exclusively for racing or other forms of competition. Racing vehicles must not be registered and must never be used on the street. It is illegal to install this product on a registered vehicle and use it on the street.) But the gear head in my says oh well no one will know. where do yall weight in on this.
Considering I have a trinity and custom tune that is absolutely amazing, I say do it. You can get it custom tuned for whatever driving you want, faster, better for towing, just all around a more enjoyable drive... custom tune is the best thing I ever got on my truck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Skeeter94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
But I guess the real question is, what about the legal aspect

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
But I guess the real question is, what about the legal aspect
I dont understand what your asking I guess

EDIT: I dont think a person should ask other peoples opinion on if they should do something illegal or not lol they need to decide that one on there own

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Skeeter94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dont understand what your asking I guess

EDIT: I dont think a person should ask other peoples opinion on if they should do something illegal or not lol they need to decide that one on there own
(WARNING: This product is not street legal and may only be used on Racing Vehicles. Racing Vehicles must be used exclusively for racing or other forms of competition. Racing vehicles must not be registered and must never be used on the street. It is illegal to install this product on a registered vehicle and use it on the street.) This is the warning label on all Diablo custom tuners

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
(WARNING: This product is not street legal and may only be used on Racing Vehicles. Racing Vehicles must be used exclusively for racing or other forms of competition. Racing vehicles must not be registered and must never be used on the street. It is illegal to install this product on a registered vehicle and use it on the street.) This is the warning label on all Diablo custom tuners

Right, so your wanting other peoples opinion on if you should do something illegal or not? That's what your asking basically? You should make that decision on your own

OP
OP
S

Skeeter94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dont understand whats illegal about it

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dont understand whats illegal about it

Now I understand the question lol sorry for my confusion. this is the first time I've ever heard anything about it not being legal, not that I care one bit [emoji23] but now I am curious

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The legal issue relates to certain states that regulate the installation and use of such devices.

California is a good one. Not all performance parts sold in other states have C.A.R.B. certifications and are, thereby, illegal in that state.

Most manufacturers place that disclaimer on their packaging to advise the consumer that it may be illegal under state and local laws in your area to install the product on your vehicle. It's up to the vehicle owner to determine what is, and isn't, allowed under those laws.

Installation of those products on your vehicle is your choice. It would be recommended that you become familar with the laws and regulations as they apply in your area and make your decision from there.

In my area they have similar laws but if your vehicle passes the emissions tests they don't really care what's been installed on the vehicle.

OP
OP
S

Skeeter94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The legal issue relates to certain states that regulate the installation and use of such devices.

California is a good one. Not all performance parts sold in other states have C.A.R.B. certifications and are, thereby, illegal in that state.

Most manufacturers place that disclaimer on their packaging to advise the consumer that it may be illegal under state and local laws in your area to install the product on your vehicle. It's up to the vehicle owner to determine what is, and isn't, allowed under those laws.

Installation of those products on your vehicle is your choice. It would be recommended that you become familar with the laws and regulations as they apply in your area and make your decision from there.

In my area they have similar laws but if your vehicle passes the emissions tests they don't really care what's been installed on the vehicle.
Thank you Im in Texas so from what I know the most relaxed rules around.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is against federal law to remove or disable emissions equipment.
By installing a custom tune and one not EPA certified you are in effect breaking the law.

Now will you get caught? Don't ask don't tell :)

They only state you might would be CA, they have vehicles out on the road sniffing the exhaust of other vehicles - at least that is what is seemed to be to me.
I had one come past me from the other direction - very rural area - as soon as I went past they came almost to a stop and paused - it had some signage on the side of the vehicle about emissions as well as state plates. Sure seemed to be checking but maybe I am wrong and it was something innocent :)

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They also say its not legal for street use to cover their ass...

Say for example you buy and tune yer trk to the max and then go out driveing like a cop goin to a donut shop where fresh coffee n donuts awats and you crash it....Maybe no one gets hurt but maybe you or god forbid an innocient bystander gets killed..... Now it takes the legal aspect away from said tuner company....

Same deal on parts for bikes that increase their git up n gooooo

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s also illegal to go 36mph in a 35mph zone. Have you ever done that? If the answer is yes, get the tuner.
if it’s no, why the hell would you need a tuner ;)

davemuellen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As for which one to get from Diablo, I've had the Intune and the new T2. The T2 is amazing. It's worth the extra money.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Turn it into a "real Texas truck"--get the tuner
Jay

Graygoose