Did they fix the lifters on newer 4th Gens?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doodoo972

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This lifter issue is really a pity for such a great engine. Nevertheless if you have the money, your lifter's failure is a great opportunity (or a cast-iron excuse for your wife to spend some money on your truck) to contact Matt or Jay for a cam and lifters upgrade. Then you can enjoy some other hundreds kmiles of renewed pleasure.

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Are they having plasma coat issues with the GT350 engine also?

I keep seeing people having to fix them, it looks like an oil consumption/starvation issue, but Ford does a lot of work at figuring out a way to NOT warranty it.
No idea I dont keep up on anything other than the f150s... but I'd assume because the blocks are probably similar.... could be wrong though... and Ford finds a way to get out off warranting but at least they'll do more than rams done to fix this stupid lifter issue... that's the positive of these DOHC motors( 5.0,3.5 2.7 and iforce 5.7 from toyota) is that it's one less failing part...gm is having issues with there lifters now too but that's more because of the way there lifters are made with the springs and there DOD AFM system

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Now they do... the 15 to 17 f150s with the 5.0 are solid but in 18 they did some fooling around and now are having major motor issues ...like 5k in ... knocking, oil consumption..oil pump gears failing and something with the cylinder walls being plasma coated.... and like said above the 10spd is hit or miss... I want one because.my rams making one **** of a noise on acceleration not exhaust.manifold related or engine as per the dealer but it is not normal ...but I'd probably go for a 15 to 17 ford if I did...5.0 or 2.7 for sure. shoulda just kept my old 2010 hemi...

Yea my brother had a 12’ 5.0 150 that was solid the only thing I didn’t like was you had to stick ur foot in it if You wanted to go anywhere

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
This lifter issue is really a pity for such a great engine. Nevertheless if you have the money, your lifter's failure is a great opportunity (or a cast-iron excuse for your wife to spend some money on your truck) to contact Matt or Jay for a cam and lifters upgrade. Then you can enjoy some other hundreds kmiles of renewed pleasure.
Honestly Idgas if my lifters crap out - I’ll prob just buy a stroker kit..... this damn truck is not boring like other trucks

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yea my brother had a 12’ 5.0 150 that was solid the only thing I didn’t like was you had to stick ur foot in it if You wanted to go anywhere
Honestly I've driven a few 5.0s (15-17) year models with just the 6spd and they boogey...also take well to mods. I think the hardest part about going ford is you need lariat and up for heated steering wheel or dual climate.... that's a major issue with me. Lol it seems too work truckish without those on the fords IMO... where as a ram you can get an outdoorsman with those goodies without having to bump up to a sport,limited or laramie...

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Honestly I've driven a few 5.0s (15-17) year models with just the 6spd and they boogey...also take well to mods. I think the hardest part about going ford is you need lariat and up for heated steering wheel or dual climate.... that's a major issue with me. Lol it seems too work truckish without those on the fords IMO... where as a ram you can get an outdoorsman with those goodies without having to bump up to a sport,limited or laramie...

And rams by far have top notch interior.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
And rams by far have top notch interior.

Yes they by far have the best interior. Almost ever person that has gotten in my truck comments on how nice the interior is, even my dad said something (80 years old and doesn’t give a crap about anything)

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip

Yes his was a 6 speed and it drove me nuts

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yes his was a 6 speed and it drove me nuts
Interesting I really didnt mind it.. even for our work trucks we have f150s with the 6spd n 5.0 n they aren't terrible... alot of plastics and I hate the cloth seats. The sides wear down on them way to quick from what I've seen...

ChevySlayer69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The best part about F-150's is the driver seat comfort. It's downhill from there. Ford somehow forgot how to make a reliable engine about 15 years ago. They have the ride quality of a tractor and the 4x4 system is awful.

JJJones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 5.7 with 21000. miles on it, I guarantee you it clatters at start up. IF I had started this truck at the dealer instead of them driving to the showroom for me, I would not have bought it. JJJones