Differential fluid change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akvanden

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Laramie 1500 4WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How many quarts does the rear and front diff hold? I know you essentially just keep going until it starts overflowing, but I'd rather buy the right amount up front rather than buy too much or too little.

Also, I'm quite confident that I don't have limited slip in my rear. It seems though that most aftermarket fluids, mobil 1 for example, already comes with LS additive in their 75W-140. I assume that using fluid with the additive won't be an issue for a diff that doesn't need it?

evanblain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How many quarts does the rear and front diff hold? I know you essentially just keep going until it starts overflowing, but I'd rather buy the right amount up front rather than buy too much or too little.

Also, I'm quite confident that I don't have limited slip in my rear. It seems though that most aftermarket fluids, mobil 1 for example, already comes with LS additive in their 75W-140. I assume that using fluid with the additive won't be an issue for a diff that doesn't need it?

The front is just under two quarts and the back is just over two. Also the additive will be fine.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat