Dimension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

400 psi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was in an accident today where a car merged into me and clipped me right in front of the drivers rear tire. He was exiting on a left hand side ramp and then swerved back into the two lanes of interstate. I couldn’t react in time and didn’t have any where to go. He hit me right in front f the rear tire. It got the rear loose and caused me to fish tail and go up on a curb. I fought it to keep it out of the guard rail and then fishtailed again to not go into the other lane. The impact was almost tire to tire along with the passenger front fender of his car. The damage appear to be significant to the rear rim, minor to the side of the bed below the gas cap, but the weird thing is that it appears, to me anyway, to have shifted the bed increasing the gap between the cab and the bed. I cant reason why this would have occurred but it seems to be increased. The side plastic “gaskets” between the cab and the side of the bed have an gap between them of about 3/8” i have checked the bolts underneath and I don’t seem to see any movement. The gap is also uniform. Am I being overly critical since i am looking for anything after the accident? Could someone provide a photo of a measurement of this gap. It would be greatly appreciated. I have met with my preferred body shop and he didn’t seem to worried about it but it just has me overthinking it. I was traveling about 55 mph when hit the curb. No apparently damage to the front or alignment issues but it will be going in to the shop. The stupid ******* had been tailgating traffic for about half a mile and i was glad to have seen him exit only to get hit from behind by him….

The truck is a 2018 bighorn CC 5’7 bed 4x4. Thank you in advance for any thoughts.
Pete

2D6F6EB8-F6F1-487D-B93B-EB37A6B090ED.jpegBEB4B073-B4D1-4B11-8A80-57CB1E7BADC7.jpeg750FF007-37C1-481B-925F-FB18F586B3D0.jpeg