Disappointing Incentives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brilliantnick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
This is exactly why I was afraid of ordering because 3 months from now whenever it gets delivered I bet they would not only remove incentives, but also crank up msrp just because. Thats how my luck typically runs

Kevin Legge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eco
I think all our luck is that way .. my truck got completed on the 16th ... and its still on the damn train... not suppose to be here till the 6th and Im in AZ. Is the train going like 2 miles per hour?

Havn2muchfun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Sounds more like you ordered something you couldn’t afford and are mad at the dealer? Deals are for what’s on the lot unless you got something in writing from the dealer when you ordered it.

Forrest Alley

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001, 2020
Engine
5.9 Cummins and 6.4 Hime
Now I'm really disappointed, I ordered a new 2020 2500 6.4 4x4 back on September 3rd and I was told I couldn't order a 2021 yet. My truck was finished weeks ago and for what ever reason still setting in Mexico, Code is KZLD. Now some of you are already getting your 2021 models. Anyone have any idea why 2021 are coming out when all the 2020 haven't. Even my Dealer claims they have no idea what the hold up with my truck.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Now I'm really disappointed, I ordered a new 2020 2500 6.4 4x4 back on September 3rd and I was told I couldn't order a 2021 yet. My truck was finished weeks ago and for what ever reason still setting in Mexico, Code is KZLD. Now some of you are already getting your 2021 models. Anyone have any idea why 2021 are coming out when all the 2020 haven't. Even my Dealer claims they have no idea what the hold up with my truck.

Can you walk away from the deal and pick something off the lot, or re-order?

My dealer told me there was no commitment to take delivery if I changed my mind.

Forrest Alley

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001, 2020
Engine
5.9 Cummins and 6.4 Hime
I'm thinking about it, problem is I need a new truck and there only 4 dealers within 100 miles and they have hardly anything on their lot. The closest one only has 1500 models, No 2500 at all, my wife and just looked Saturday

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm thinking about it, problem is I need a new truck and there only 4 dealers within 100 miles and they have hardly anything on their lot. The closest one only has 1500 models, No 2500 at all, my wife and just looked Saturday
I get that. That's why I ordered as early as I did, knowing there would be no incentives when my truck came in (Sep. 15). But like you, I needed the truck NOW! We were moving from Iowa to Texas and I had to pull my Harley down there. The truck came in on the 15th, I was haulin' ass to Texas on the 18th.

Good luck!

Havn2muchfun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Had the same issue with mine. Built in November and nothing the dealer could do about it. Did use the Chrysler rep to my advantage because they were nice enough to give the their discount when the truck finally arrived two weeks into January.

Hackett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi etorque
Anyone else disappointed in the December incentives? I have a 2021 Laramie ordered and it is set to arrive this week. I had been counting on getting at least as good incentives as the last 2 months, but it’s almost nothing. Maybe I’ll let it sit on the lot.
I just picked up a 2021 1500 Limited for $54,782 after dealer discounts, bonus cash and rebates. MSRP $69,700 Get em while you can at Nyle Maxwell in Austin, TX

Daboink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My favorite is the Tread Lightly program that has partnered with FCA. This organization costs $100.00 to join and provides leadership, and guidance that is good stewardship for our lands. They support organized trails... I think on my purchase of a new Power Wagon, the membership saved me $1,100 !!!

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I am sure I just saw a commercial on TV that said RAM 1500 ~8000 below MSRP. But I was not paying that much attention.

That's dealer discount, not OEM factory incentives. I got $9500 off my truck before the factory incentives kicked in taking another few grand off.

Ed F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hope everyone realizes 0 % financing really costs you thousands. The only things truly free are college education, iPhones and health care.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hope everyone realizes 0 % financing really costs you thousands. The only things truly free are college education, iPhones and health care.
Please explain...

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
Please explain...

There are variables that may or may not mean zero percent is a good deal. How much you put down, trade in value, final amount financed etc., each individual has to work through the numbers. I’m sure for some, zero percent is a no brainer deal. For others....not so much.

What I saw being offered by FCA was zero percent for 84 months. 7 years is a long time to be making payments on a vehicle. If you decide the truck is not really the right vehicle, your personal circumstances change, or you just get tired of it and you want/need to trade in 2-3-4 years, depending on the market at the moment and how much you financed, you very well may be upside down in your equity.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are variables that may or may not mean zero percent is a good deal. How much you put down, trade in value, final amount financed etc., each individual has to work through the numbers. I’m sure for some, zero percent is a no brainer deal. For others....not so much.

What I saw being offered by FCA was zero percent for 84 months. 7 years is a long time to be making payments on a vehicle. If you decide the truck is not really the right vehicle, your personal circumstances change, or you just get tired of it and you want/need to trade in 2-3-4 years, depending on the market at the moment and how much you financed, you very well may be upside down in your equity.
I can see where it could be a double edge sword for some. For me, I put 15k down on my truck, got the truck at invoice, plus a $500 discount and 0% for 60 months. I was pretty happy with those terms.

Ed F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Please explain...

I assume you mean the 0% part. Every dealer I’ve ever talked to has offered 0% or 4 or 5 thousand off the price. That’s pretty simple math. The latest was only a few weeks ago on a 2019 Sprinter van.

Ed F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can see where it could be a double edge sword for some. For me, I put 15k down on my truck, got the truck at invoice, plus a $500 discount and 0% for 60 months. I was pretty happy with those terms.

That sounds good at face value but did you ask what the truck would cost out the door without the 0% ? For me the zero financing always had a big sticker.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That sounds good at face value but did you ask what the truck would cost out the door without the 0% ? For me the zero financing always had a big sticker.
Yes. I always do out the door price before discussing finance. Because I was one of the first to take delivery of a 21 (September), I knew there wouldn't be much in the way of incentives, but I still believe I did well and I'm not sure where else they could have jabbed me unless I started buying things like extended warranties, wheel protection, etc. Invoice is invoice, and that is always my minimum target (+any incentives) when buying a new car. No trade to haggle over and I requested a line item out the door so I could see all of the fees prior to writing the check.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I assume you mean the 0% part. Every dealer I’ve ever talked to has offered 0% or 4 or 5 thousand off the price. That’s pretty simple math. The latest was only a few weeks ago on a 2019 Sprinter van.
When I took delivery, there was no 4 or 5k off the price of a 21. I was prepared to pay it off, but there were no incentives in place of the financing, so I saw it as free money and took the 0%. Also, you cite incentives a few weeks ago, but it's on a 2-year old M.Y. vehicle - of course there will be aggressive pricing - that IS pretty simple math!

Last edited: