Display clock in EVIC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yomanne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody know how to display the clock on the EVIC in a 4th generation Ram 1500 Express? Can it be done using alphaobd? I just acquired this vehicle a few months ago and really like it but find it strange the clock display is not more friendly.

2021-10-05-25.jpg

There's an option to display the clock on the "information Line" but then it disappears as soon as you select anything else. It seems there should be a way to display it on the top row where the compass would be displayed, but my truck doesn't have a compass. I would like to use that spot to display the time alongside the outside temp.

Yes, I know the clock is displayed on the radio, but that's pretty lame when there's a perfect spot right in front of you.

2021-10-05-58.jpg

Bill_Clinton69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l HEMI
I never really messed with my old four gauge base cluster back when I had one in my truck. I'd assume the "information line" is the circled area on my cluster. As soon as you enter a screen, it'll change to displaying what that screen is. For example, Trip A in this case. That area in the upper left that you circled is for the compass, message center (tells you if you have faults with power steering, airbag, lights, etc.) and the ECO light. For a good bit of me using the 4 gauge cluster, my clock spring was out, so I couldn't cycle through the menus. After I fixed the clock spring, I mostly just kept it at the fuel economy screen. old cluster.PNG

If you decide to upgrade to the six gauge cluster, you can customize many of the gauges. The two circled in red can be for many things, which I have set to fuel economy and transmission temperature. The green circled areas can be customized to be many things, which I set to the temperature, compass, time, and fuel economy. Hell, if you want to be extra, you could set all four green areas to the clock.

six guage cluster.jpg

Though to answer your question, I don't think putting the clock in that area is something that's done with AlfaOBD. The 4 gauge base cluster is fairly basic and isn't all that useful. Its not too customizable and doesn't give too much information at a time, which is the main reason why I replaced it.

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
…I mostly just kept it at the fuel economy screen. View attachment 475778
Dude, you're not working that truck hard enough! 23.1 MPG??? Try this:

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 3.13.53 PM.jpg

(that was in my former '15 2500 5.7 while towing a loaded 25' enclosed trailer when we moved last year)

To keep this on topic, I agree that it's unlikely you can display the clock on the basic cluster, at least I don't remember being able to do that (which I would have liked).

es