Does anyone have a gear ratio for sell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I am looking for a 3.73 or 3.93 or 4.10/11
What's it for would help.1500/2500/3500 etc.If you're looking for 3.73's that would entail a 2500 or heavier truck,as they never had 3.73's for the 4th Gen 1500's

Theck4291

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum V8
I've got a 3.92 off of a 2007 ram 1500

OP
OP
D

Davend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's it for would help.1500/2500/3500 etc.If you're looking for 3.73's that would entail a 2500 or heavier truck,as they never had 3.73's for the 4th Gen 1500's
Its a 1500 with a 9.25 rear end i believe and for racing purposes

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Its a 1500 with a 9.25 rear end i believe and for racing purposes
If you have the 5 speed transmission,you're better off spending your money to swap it out for the 8 speed,as it's a ticking time bomb,especially if you want to put some power through the transmission.If not,then you'll probably want a set of 4.56's.FYI the rear end out of an 07 won't bolt into your truck,with-out a bunch of welding and fabbing work.Your truck uses a 4 link while the earlier 3rd Gen trucks use a leaf spring rear suspension. There's 2 styles of 9.25,the earlier AAM 9.25 is used till about 2010(commonly called the "corporate rear-end"),and then they swapped over to the later ZF 9.25 which is what you'll have. You have 3 easy to find gear sets for either diff ,and that's 3.21 / 3.55 and 3.92 ,then there's the rare as hens teeth 4.10's that were only used in the little regular cab shortbox R/T trucks,from 2009 to 2013. Generally the 8 speed transmission ,is considered to be roughly a 1/2 sec faster then the earlier 5/6 speed transmissions everything being equal.I'd seriously look into the 8 speed swap,as it will handle some horsepower,plus you get a 4.71:1 first gear with it,which is tough to beat as far as torque multiplication goes.Check this thread out on the 8 speed swap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Davend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have the 5 speed transmission,you're better off spending your money to swap it out for the 8 speed,as it's a ticking time bomb,especially if you want to put some power through the transmission.If not,then you'll probably want a set of 4.56's.FYI the rear end out of an 07 won't bolt into your truck,with-out a bunch of welding and fabbing work.Your truck uses a 4 link while the earlier 3rd Gen trucks use a leaf spring rear suspension. There's 2 styles of 9.25,the earlier AAM 9.25 is used till about 2010(commonly called the "corporate rear-end"),and then they swapped over to the later ZF 9.25 which is what you'll have. You have 3 easy to find gear sets for either diff ,and that's 3.21 / 3.55 and 3.92 ,then there's the rare as hens teeth 4.10's that were only used in the little regular cab shortbox R/T trucks,from 2009 to 2013. Generally the 8 speed transmission ,is considered to be roughly a 1/2 sec faster then the earlier 5/6 speed transmissions everything being equal.I'd seriously look into the 8 speed swap,as it will handle some horsepower,plus you get a 4.71:1 first gear with it,which is tough to beat as far as torque multiplication goes.Check this thread out on the 8 speed swap.

Thanks for all the info! Should i look strictly for the r/t 8 speed or from any truck and do all the r/ts have the 4:10 like you said or only some to start looking to them. Also what else is needed to swap it to the 8 speed tuning new wiring set?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks for all the info! Should i look strictly for the r/t 8 speed or from any truck and do all the r/ts have the 4:10 like you said or only some to start looking to them. Also what else is needed to swap it to the 8 speed tuning new wiring set?
Read through the link,and ask the guys on there about the 8 speed swap. Only the early 09 to 2013 R/T's were factory equipped with 4.10's,that's not saying you can't buy the gears seperately and have them installed,but finding them used in good shape isn't easy,so you might be stuck buying them new.Check with Matt at Moes,he'll be able to set you up with everything you need to install a set of 4.10's in your diff.If you're going into the diff that deep,you might as well spring for a true Trac limited slip unit,as the stock clutch pack limited slip,leaves alot to be desired for racing purposes. Realistically though ,your 5 speed transmission is your weak link,and will cost you at the dragstrip in comparision to the 8 speed.The 8 speed swap will gain you more at the track,then a gear swap will

OP
OP
D

Davend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Read through the link,and ask the guys on there about the 8 speed swap. Only the early 09 to 2013 R/T's were factory equipped with 4.10's,that's not saying you can't buy the gears seperately and have them installed,but finding them used in good shape isn't easy,so you might be stuck buying them new.Check with Matt at Moes,he'll be able to set you up with everything you need to install a set of 4.10's in your diff.If you're going into the diff that deep,you might as well spring for a true Trac limited slip unit,as the stock clutch pack limited slip,leaves alot to be desired for racing purposes. Realistically though ,your 5 speed transmission is your weak link,and will cost you at the dragstrip in comparision to the 8 speed.The 8 speed swap will gain you more at the track,then a gear swap will
Thank you so much for all the info you have been delightful now im on the search for the 4:10s from an r/t way easier to look for than the whole line of rams if anyone has the gears together with the pumpkin i would to purchase it!!!

OP
OP
D

Davend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I checked the a vin decoder and it says i have the 6 speed are these also bad transmission or can i stay with it because looking at the build sheet for the 8 speed swap it can get costly

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I checked the a vin decoder and it says i have the 6 speed are these also bad transmission or can i stay with it because looking at the build sheet for the 8 speed swap it can get costly
It's basically the same transmission as the 5 speed,just with a bit differant programming. If you seriously want to go racing your truck,the transmission you have is your biggest downfall. It was originally designed for the little 4.7,and isn't up to the task of lasting under the abuse racing puts on it. A little tidbit of advice,if you can't afford to have the truck broke,waiting on parts,i'd wait on racing or modding it,till you have a back up plan in place,ie: a spare vehicle.You start pushing the envelope with horsepower,it's gonna eventually break,so make sure you have a plan in place to contend with having it broke and having to wait on parts.In the meantime,learn how to drive your truck to keep your 6 speed alive,no wide open downshifts,manually downshift it first before sticking your foot through the floor,do not let it do the downshift automatically,and no wide open runs in high gear.The transmission will last a bit longer if you learn to drive to it's weaknesses,it's not a transmission to do roll racing with.Start out by fixing the known issues first,which is the 5/6 speed transmission,then worry about adding headers / cam / heads / gears etc.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thank you so much for all the info you have been delightful now im on the search for the 4:10s from an r/t way easier to look for than the whole line of rams if anyone has the gears together with the pumpkin i would to purchase it!!!
There is no "removable pumpkin" per say,like the old 8.75 or 9" Ford have,it's either a new gear set which you have installed,or you buy the complete diff,housing and all.I hope your dealing with a 2 wheel drive truck,as they never made a 4.10 front diff for the 4X4's.Good luck on finding a factory 4.10 equipped diff though,they aren't common,and anybody selling one,knows what they have,so they usually aren't cheap.The 3.92 diffs are easier to find,as they're more common,and still being produced,the factory 4.10 diff's have been out of production since 2013,and were rare and hard to find even when they were being produced.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The 8 speed truck tansmissions are all the same,but if have a 4X4,you'll need the 8 speed from a 4X4.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
AAM made the Dodge Ram 1500 differentials up to the last of 2010 assembly year

Both differentials are called a 9.25"

Because ZF is a German Company, they call it a
ZF 235mm rear differentials used in the Ram 1500s beginning in the 2011 model year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock