Does anyone know if you can add a factory trailer brake controller?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had to remove that 12" screen to get at the part where the controller inserts. lemme tell ya, i was nervous pulling that 12 " screen out...lol. but, it actually came out easy.

dacotah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2022 Ram Laramie, ordered parts from one of the online Ram dealers that offer large discounts. Had my local Ram dealer install and program computer for $278.00 just 2 weeks ago

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My previous truck had a Tekonsha P3 in it and current truck has the factory controller. In my opinion the factory integrated controller is smoother and easier to setup....just turn up how high you want the trailer brakes. But again, the factory integrated just feels way smoother and even. Not that the Tekonsha P3 is bad or anything, but if I had the choice I would go factory integrated any day. Keep in mind that the Tekonsha and plug and play connector for your specific truck will be in the $200 range. I wouldn't even consider one of the cheapo $70 controllers.