Does this make any sense???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dgriffi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I love my 2011 1500 Quad cab sport, 60,000 miles, mint condition. But I've been drooling over the 19's....and I've played around on the website and can find a Laramie or even Limited, by leasing and trading in my truck, I can lease for $100 a month, or less! (In one scenario I specced out a Big horn I think to mimic my Sport , with 22" rims, and the monthly lease was like $30 a month! So my question is. ..is this crazy? I love my truck now, is the 2019 that much better? When the lease is up, would I be facing a crazy monthly payment to buy it? (I have a car as a daily driver, now so only put about 4,000 miles a year on the truck. ) I welcome your thoughts!

dsps70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemiV8
I love my 2011 1500 Quad cab sport, 60,000 miles, mint condition. But I've been drooling over the 19's....and I've played around on the website and can find a Laramie or even Limited, by leasing and trading in my truck, I can lease for $100 a month, or less! (In one scenario I specced out a Big horn I think to mimic my Sport , with 22" rims, and the monthly lease was like $30 a month! So my question is. ..is this crazy? I love my truck now, is the 2019 that much better? When the lease is up, would I be facing a crazy monthly payment to buy it? (I have a car as a daily driver, now so only put about 4,000 miles a year on the truck. ) I welcome your thoughts!

No it does not... unless u put down a significant down payment ( or us the value of your trade -in as down payment)... which you should never do with a lease..
see the informative thread on leasing this by Powrram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When you lease all you're paying is depreciation from new to end of lease, 2 or 3 years. So if you use you're trade as down payment to get lease payments low you're prepaying you're lease and at the end if you want to buy the truck you're still probably looking at high 30's low 40's to buy the truck. It looks good for awhile and then it will slap you in the face. If you wanted to lease I'd put minimum down and sell you're old truck and either deposit that money for a later date or use it to make monthly lease payments.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I recall you only bought the truck recently right? Do you have a payment on it? Are those $100 and $30 more a month above and beyond/tacked onto what you're already paying? I don't pay much attention to leases but none of those seem realistic without a yuge down payment unless its as I mentioned earlier.

OP
OP
Dgriffi2

Dgriffi2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I own my truck, so realistically getting $16k on trade, if I lease I can have a monthly payment of $30-$100 for 3 years on a very nicely outfitted 2019.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I thought about leasing and was in a similar equity situation as yourself. I ended up buying, it was just my financial comfort zone. If I were to lease, I would have not put anything down. Let them give you a check, put the money in the bank or your preferred investment if you don’t need to draw on it for payments.

Let’s say you put all of that money down and then the truck gets totaled in an accident or theft. Do you get all of that money you put down back? I don’t have experience to answer that but I have read others saying no you don’t. They make the bank whole and that is it. If you think about it though, why would they make you “whole”? You were month to month renting it, what would be left to make whole.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I own my truck, so realistically getting $16k on trade, if I lease I can have a monthly payment of $30-$100 for 3 years on a very nicely outfitted 2019.

I think something is really wrong with these figures. Maybe the website is screwed up.