DOOR HANDLES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ribtipram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Has anyone changed their door handles. Thinking about going to the chrome ones. I cant imagine its to hard. What you say

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Has anyone changed their door handles. Thinking about going to the chrome ones. I cant imagine its to hard. What you say

Not hard just time consuming. There are a few good write ups on here that explains the process with pictures

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not hard but you need to release the window from the window track and tape it up and then remove the bolts to the inner door panel so it can move it out if the way. . You can access the window clips through the speaker hole plus the access hole. You just press the clips in and pull the window up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's just a matter of preference. Some people want the factory look with the chrome/painted handle. The plastic chrome covers are definitely a cheaper option though.

Last edited:

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I have a DIY for you on this, step by step. No cutting required, with removal of the carrier plate. Completely doable. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ribtipram

Ribtipram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Cool socal i will check it out. Think im gonna do it. Thanks

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's just a matter of preference. Some people want the factory look with the chrome/painted handle. The plastic chrome covers are definitely a cheaper option though.

Just wondering, as the newer aftermarket add-ons look pretty good these days. Seems a lot less labor intensive, but I get it if he wants to do the real deal.