Door Panels Rattling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShawnS604

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi - 5.7
Hey, I got a 2017 Ram 1500 Laramie and I guess from listening to loud music, the front interior door panels are starting to rattle. Is there any way to stop the rattle without removing the entire door panel ? If I do have to remove the door panels, how do I stop the rattling and prevent it from happening again ?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey, I got a 2017 Ram 1500 Laramie and I guess from listening to loud music, the front interior door panels are starting to rattle. Is there any way to stop the rattle without removing the entire door panel ? If I do have to remove the door panels, how do I stop the rattling and prevent it from happening again ?
My cheap fix was using closed cell foam sheets (packing materials) behind the door panel to tighten things up.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
@SitKneelBend Thanks. Did you place it around the edges of the panels or just a big piece in the middle ?
Big piece in the middle. It was more about placing tension on the door panel than covering area in my case. In the back doors I needed thicker pieces so I folded them over. It works pretty well and doesn't retain moisture.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My cheap fix was using closed cell foam sheets (packing materials) behind the door panel to tighten things up.

thats not a bad idea. I have a 2020 with a crew cab. That rear passenger door always sounds like it's open or the window is slightly down. I need to silence it with something.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
thats not a bad idea. I have a 2020 with a crew cab. That rear passenger door always sounds like it's open or the window is slightly down. I need to silence it with something.
The rear passenger in my QC is the one that required the most "padding".