dr. sd. a pillar trim handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
looking to repair my grab bar.prev. owner broke it and just popped it back in place .i wish he would have at least put the bolts back in the holes or threw them in the glove box.i already have a good repair in mind but my problem is i dont have the correct bolts to go back in.i am thinking of pulling one out of the pass. sd. and taking to home depot and trying to match it up.does anyone know where i might get these bolts from or should i just try to match them up?i really dont use the handle but every year when i take my truck for insp. i have to remember to tell the guy not to grab it so he doesent kill himself as i almost did when i discovered it .no sense in buying a new grab bar as from what i see they are still using the same ****** cheap plastic design.it appears this is a common problem with these breaking.you would think dodge would do something different there so no more people would have to fall on ther ass .

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Genos Garage has everything you need to repair the passenger side and new grab bar for the driver side. Also get the kits that will pretty much make them unbreakable (you might be able to break them with a hammer. My passenger side broke when my brother tried to use it, he landed on a parking lot, fortunately not seriously injured. Bought a new pass side handle and the repair kit from Geno about three years ago, both solid as a rock since.

Link to Genos garage: https://www.genosgarage.com/

Mike

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Genos Garage has everything you need to repair the passenger side and new grab bar for the driver side. Also get the kits that will pretty much make them unbreakable (you might be able to break them with a hammer. My passenger side broke when my brother tried to use it, he landed on a parking lot, fortunately not seriously injured. Bought a new pass side handle and the repair kit from Geno about three years ago, both solid as a rock since.

Link to Genos garage: https://www.genosgarage.com/

Mike
Beat me to it

OP
OP
S

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
thanx for the replies,appreciate it.

OP
OP
S

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
already made the repair,just need the bolts.

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
If you didn't get the reinforcement kit from Geno, then you have left yourself open to having the same thing happen again. As I recall the kit is not expensive and it makes the handles bullet proof.

Mike

OP
OP
S

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
the kit from genos was like 40 bucks .that seems pretty expensive to me for something i should not have to buy in the first place.i fabricated my own for about $5.00 and i can literaly do pull ups on it!