Driver door and body mount alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyRamFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What should I look out for and what should I pay attention to when welding up a new drivers side front body mount bracket? l am most cautious of the door being able to close and not leak water.

I've been doing rust repair for my old W150 1991 dodge ram. I've taken out both of her front body mount brackets, driver side inner and outer rockers &the driver floorpan. I have also removed the front fender and the driver side door a few times.

Not really sure if I have the door properly aligned with its own hinges (I just tried to match where it looked like it used to go).

But the door only closes if I jack up the front pillar of the cab. I am assuming my next steps will jack this front pillar to whatever height the door closes most easily at and where the panel gaps look most even, and then to weld the inner rocker to the pillar and then weld the body mount bracket to the inner cell then unpack truck hope welds hold and finish my rockers ans floorpan.

I remember the fender had a bolt near the inner rocker, I wonder if i put the fender back on if that would be a good point of reference for the alignment or thats not worth the time since id have to take it off again to weld the outer rocker panel....