Duratracks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Sarge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody that has replaced their stock Duratrack with new ones? What differences have you noticed. My stock are great except in the wet when pulling away from a stop. (even when easy on the acceleration they spin unless I really baby it).

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Got rid of my Duracraps at 40k miles. Went to Nexen Roadian ATs, couldn't be happier.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
How aggressive do you want? I just ordered Continental TerrainContact A/T and will have them put on this week. I can report back initial thoughts. The reviews say fantastic in the wet.

chopperdog45

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7
I haven't run DuraTracs on my truck, but I ran them on my Jeep for several years without any issues. They were a good tire for me. Not sure how they would perform on the truck though.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Spin when pulling away from a stop in the wet is not a tire thing...it's a 395 HP to one wheel with an empty bed (unloaded rear).

It doesn't matter what tire you buy that's going to happen. Some might grip a little better but it won't take much throttle to get wheelspin in the wet.

I have problems with that with my Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I solve that by locking the rear when I come to a stop (I have the e-locker) and unlock it after I get rolling again.

If you don't care about tread pattern then find tires that have good wet weather reviews on-line or get recommendations from your tire shop.