DVD's in Headrests

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tobyjohnson11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have them? If so what brand and how much was it?

Thanks

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
you mean dvd's in both or monitors in both that are hooked up to DVD?

OP
OP
T

tobyjohnson11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you mean dvd's in both or monitors in both that are hooked up to DVD?

dvd's in both. Now if you have a way to make both of them play what is in the in-dash factory unit that would be cool too. But right now just want to see dvd players in both headreses.

Thanks

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
do you have the double din touch screen radio? if you do i believe you can get the lockpic which would give you the rca outputs to run the monitor and then be able to do the dvd on your radio. If not i think you will spend twice as much getting two dvd headrest monitors. I think you could even get 1 dvd monitor that will run another monitor.

OP
OP
T

tobyjohnson11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did get the factory touch screen radio and have looked into the lockpick. I may do that later, but want to get dvds in first for the kids.

Thanks

Last edited:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
hopefully others chime in.....i don't know much about the lockpick, but i thought i read that as long as you had the touchscreen then with the lockpick you could play dvd's

jhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
a buddy of mine bought some cheapies off ebay for his integra i think for the price they work pretty nice i believe it was less than 300 for the pair universal headrest with the monitors and dvd built in, and if you sell truck you can take out and put in any vehicle the rods have adjustable width

ronnie4946

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a RHB radio in my truck. I bought the lockpick for it . It has a couple of a/v inputs as well as outputs. I then bought, on Ebay, a set of headrest monitors for under $100. They are leather headrests with the monitors built in. I ordered the tan ones. The color is slightly off but they work great. Comes with all wiring and two remotes. Whatever is playing on the front screen shows on the back. The lockpick will also let you play your radio while the back plays a dvd. (headphones required for the rear) Lockpick was pricey though, I believe it was $275.00. My opinion worth it. You can input addresses while moving on the nav as well as toggle your rear camera on in case you want to keep an eye on a trailer, and the dvd plays in motion. Kind of keeps the wife entertained while traveling. I call it my noise reduction unit. Let me know if you want more info on the monitors or the lockpick, I will be glad to help.

3rdStrikePerformance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Guys, we have access to any brand of headrests you desire, shoot me a PM and let me know what you are looking for. I run a set of Dvd headrests in my truck, along with 10" Visor monitors, and a 7" headunit. The headrests have a Dvd player on one side but play the movie in both of them, or I can play the one in the headunit on them. Let me know what you guys want, and I can see what I can do for you....

OP
OP
T

tobyjohnson11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys, we have access to any brand of headrests you desire, shoot me a PM and let me know what you are looking for. I run a set of Dvd headrests in my truck, along with 10" Visor monitors, and a 7" headunit. The headrests have a Dvd player on one side but play the movie in both of them, or I can play the one in the headunit on them. Let me know what you guys want, and I can see what I can do for you....

I am looking for dvd players in the head rests of my 2012 longhorn edition ram. The interior color of my truck is brown, not black, grey, or tan.... Can you help?

Thanks

Last edited: