Easy Exit Seat-Failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IdahoLonghorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My Easy Exit Seat no longer works when I turn the truck off. I got used to the feature and now I miss it. The Easy Exit Seat option is checked in the Engine Off Options. I've toggled it back and forth intermittently with restarting the engine but still nothing. Does anyone know if I can reset/reboot the system somehow? I think this started after I updated the console software recently. I'm not due to take the truck to the dealer for a while and am just hoping I can fix it myself, if possible.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
There is a reset procedure. I think it involved moving the seat all the way backward, forward and then click one of your memory settings.

You do all of this with the key in the "On" position. Then once you hit your memory recall turn the truck off and pull the key out.

I will look over the owners manual real quick.

OP
OP
IdahoLonghorn

IdahoLonghorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
There is a reset procedure. I think it involved moving the seat all the way backward, forward and then click one of your memory settings.

You do all of this with the key in the "On" position. Then once you hit your memory recall turn the truck off and pull the key out.

Thanks. I looked in my manual but didn't see anything.

OP
OP
IdahoLonghorn

IdahoLonghorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
That worked like a charm. I have a push-button start but all I had to do was hit the Start button without depressing the brake and follow the other steps. Thanks, Arth.

DESMOND72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you folks I tried this procedure for my 2015 ram and it works now.

Mcgruff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Ha. Gotta I’ve the Internet (and good forums). Worked for me too. Thanks.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Sadly, if that procedure does not correct the issue your only option is replacing the BCM. That's what I had to do on my '13 when easy exit and a couple other features stopped working.

RICCO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

:)

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sadly, if that procedure does not correct the issue your only option is replacing the BCM. That's what I had to do on my '13 when easy exit and a couple other features stopped working.

Not true....the dealer got mine to working again. It stopped when they replaced the lumbar support switch.

What is this reset procedure ??? I see nothing in my owners manual (course, it also doesn't mention the 'tilt in reverse' feature of the outside mirrors either)

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Any updates on the reset procedure? My seats stopped working too.

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Easiest fix ever. Start the truck, move the seat forward 1”-2” and turn the truck off. It should be fixed!

GunnerJ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What is this easy exit option? Never heard of it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rpowell911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
2017 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 here.

Mine quit when the dealer replaced the drivers side heating element about a month ago.

Didn't notice it for a week or two. Duh.

This forward-backward reset procedure worked perfectly.

Thanks a ton. I kinda missed that feature (even though I was too stoopid to know it was not working... )

FCAEMPLOYEE

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
AWESOME !! Worked like a charm. I have another issue though. I thought that when i unlocked the truck with the FOB the seats, mirrors, etc automatically went to the preset positions for that FOB ?? Is this true ??

PSC77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2015 Ram Laramie. My easy seat used to work. I have tried the reprogram several times. I have tried it with the engine running and with it shut off. I tried moving the seat forward some because somebody posted that the seat must have so many inches to go to make it work. That didn't work either. Any other suggestions?