eBay catch can installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnnyDollar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It appears as though your link has generated enough traffic on Ebay that your value catch can is now $60. lol
It's funny,
if you look at the purchase history, it shows a few people bought the can in August @ $34.99ea.
In September, looks like they dropped the price to $20.29 and stafrted selling a lot more.
Now that they have gone to $59.99, no sales yet.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
It's funny,
if you look at the purchase history, it shows a few people bought the can in August @ $34.99ea.
In September, looks like they dropped the price to $20.29 and stafrted selling a lot more.

those greedy ******** lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
great job and great price saving !!! one thing though, you are saying its made of metal? sure doesnt look it in your photos. looks like plastic or composite to me. ( not that thats a bad thing ) . unless its all black anodized... if im wrong, i apologize. :) it doesnt matter what brand or what its made of to me as long as it works ! ive seen a catch can made out of a $40.00 air compressor water/oil seperator ( even has a drain valve! ) and it worked just as good as a $150.00 brand name one ! again, nice job !

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
great job and great price saving !!! one thing though, you are saying its made of metal? sure doesnt look it in your photos. looks like plastic or composite to me. ( not that thats a bad thing ) . unless its all black anodized... if im wrong, i apologize. :) it doesnt matter what brand or what its made of to me as long as it works ! ive seen a catch can made out of a $40.00 air compressor water/oil seperator ( even has a drain valve! ) and it worked just as good as a $150.00 brand name one ! again, nice job !

I wondered too, at first. If you look closer, you can see it's machined aluminum.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It's funny,

Daniel... you should ask them if you get a commission for any cans they sell at that price.

R/Tsyndicate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got mine out of ebay aswell a while back but didnt install it untill yesterday. Take a look...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383603230.496616.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383603248.947084.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfonsio

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^ Looks good!!

R/Tsyndicate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wasnt to excited about the blue color at first but now that its on, i gotta say it looks good and catches your eye :) i need to change the screws that that i put in the intake box because they are too small but so far its held ip pretty good.

Didnt mean to hijack thread i just wanted to show how it looked like on mine :) there are many different catch cans and colors to choose from and for the price of $30 or so if u guys decide to do this.

OP
OP
DanielSix26

DanielSix26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wasnt to excited about the blue color at first but now that its on, i gotta say it looks good and catches your eye :) i need to change the screws that that i put in the intake box because they are too small but so far its held ip pretty good.

Didnt mean to hijack thread i just wanted to show how it looked like on mine :) there are many different catch cans and colors to choose from and for the price of $30 or so if u guys decide to do this.

Looks good. Don't worry, no hijack, this is the "Official eBay catch can thread" lol

I attached mine to the airbox with nuts bolts and washers. It's solid.

R/Tsyndicate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good. Don't worry, no hijack, this is the "Official eBay catch can thread" lol

I attached mine to the airbox with nuts bolts and washers. It's solid.

Awesome lol i secured mine like that as well but i keep thinking they are too small and with the weight of the can it might break the box. This is my mind going wild so ill be switching to bigger bolts and washers just to be on the safe side.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Where do the hoses attach?

JohnnyDollar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Where do the hoses attach?
Installed showing the flow:
4zgs.jpg

Engine cover and airbox removed.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Those of you that went the ebay route, post some pics of what the can collects after the first thousand miles. I have had numerous customers that went the same route only to find that the can was not catching even half of the oil that is actually going through the PCV line. They have all since switched over to the BT can and were amazed at how much more oil they were collecting with the better built BT unit.

Nothing wrong with trying to save money, but if I am going to spend my money, I want to make sure it is going to good use and getting me the best I can get. If money is tight, then I would just make your own can while you save up for a proper catch can. The ebay cans are cheap for a reason.

The Billet Tech cans are built with top quality material here in the US, have the proper designing to catch every drop of oil that runs through the PCV line, and come with a Ram specific mounting bracket to make for a very simple and fast install. No need to add mesh to the can, replace cheap fittings or hoses, rig up a mounting bracket, hope the mount is secure enough to support the can, etc...

Again, nothing wrong with trying to save a few dollars, but with the BT can being only $135, it is 1 of the cheapest mods available for these trucks. If you were to hold a BT can side by side to most of the cans you see on ebay, you would immediately understand why there is a price difference between the 2.

J-Dub

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i could see the quality may not be as good as the BT catch can, but for $30 bucks for an ebay catch can and all you have to do is put some better rubber hose, some steel wool, and find a decent place to mount it, i think i'd put one on my truck and save $100 bucks compared to the BT can.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a tough comparison, between ANY two catch cans. When I see how much some of you guys collect, it's SHOCKING to me. Even when towing through the Rockies I don't collect as much in 3,500Km as some of you do in 1,000. I think at least 1 factor has to be altitude, because we do lots of short trips and I'm no stranger to the skinny pedal.
All I'm saying is comparing an 'eBay' CC to a BT may not be apples to apples.

OP
OP
DanielSix26

DanielSix26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I will definitely report back after about 1000 miles to see what I've collected. With the amount of driving I do that may be Christmas though ;)

I expect good results. I imagine that the people who had bad results didn't add any filter medium or if they did they didn't make sure it was covering the holes correctly.

In fairness, the BT can comes with its choreboy steel wool included.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383702760.842957.jpg