ECM Not seeing trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clatech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, new here so bare with me on this one. Did a hemi swap with a 2005 1500 5.7, 545rfe trans to my classic truck. Used the stock wiring harness and ECM. Motor runs awesome but the trans is stuck in limp mode. The ECM is not seeing the trans for some reason. The sensors such as temp and pressure show up on the scanner but have no values. I can disconnect them and do not get any fail codes. I tried a replacement ECM and same problem. Anybody have any ideas to try on this.

Thanks

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is probably something stupid but since this is a modified/swap situation your going to need someone to diag it in person not sure how much we could help you here. Check all your ground wires and connectors ect also you said you replaced the ECM did you reprogram it? I would put the orig ECM back in they dont really fail often and then start to diag from there. Before you did the swap did everything run good on the donor truck?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357