ECM Reset /NEED HELP FAST!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug Larson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 (2nd Gen)
Engine
5.9L 360ci Gas
I just replaced the heads on my 02 2500 5.9 ltr Magnum. I learned that the cadylitic converter was plugged so I cut that out. I've replaced every sensor on the truck but it still idols rough and runs rich. Around 5 to 6 mpg. I keep getting a P0121 code and I just noticed my fan is constantly running. I heard I have to reset the ECM but no one has ever explained the process step by step. I have been removing the engine control 1 and engine control 2 fuses from under the hood, turning the key to run and waiting roughly 15 seconds for it to read "No Bus" then ding twice. Then I do a 12 second key on before starting. Is this right because it's not working. I've even disconnected the negative battery cable before anything and still no difference. Is this something I can do without a scanner or do I need to bring it in?

96Rammy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Magnum V8
Only reset I know of is to disconnect the battery then turn the key on for 15-30 seconds so it kills it all out.