EcoDiesel Buyers Guide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jzram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hi guys,

I am considering a '16 Ram 1500 w/ the EcoDiesel. Truck has 62,000 miles. Is there a buyers guide for this engine? Anything to watch out for?

Thanks!

cop4hire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I own the 2016 Ecodiesel and love it. There were many recalls on that truck. I'd make sure all of them have been taken care of first. Do you mind if I ask how much they are asking for it?

OP
OP
J

Jzram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I own the 2016 Ecodiesel and love it. There were many recalls on that truck. I'd make sure all of them have been taken care of first. Do you mind if I ask how much they are asking for it?

I am getting it for $23,500 Canadian which is $16,700 USD.

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am so tempted on upgrading my 17 RCSB 3.6 to a Crew Cab Classic, they are selling for under $25k new here. Just not sure if it's worth it. Good luck!

Farhan Haider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I have a 2016 Eco Diesel Big Horn Air suspension ,93K use it to tow my Trailer still under Power warranty which is expiring in 6K Big Horn
for last one year this truck has been a mess

Fixing ABS light cost 1700$ last December
Fixing couple of other item 1400$ 20 month ago
Differential Bearing was replaced 15 days ago Under warranty
Engine Light for part replacement Under warranty Sensor issue and seal Leakage at the Manifold

In the end flr last 30 days this truck has lots of dealership trips I am thinking about Trading it in to get an HEMI or F150 as a last option as I think after Warranty It will be a Pain
Dealer mechanic has been telling me that it is not the best engine and you will have these issues after the warranty.

I am getting 22K AS A TRADIN VALUE from Chrysler WHICH is not bad

All prices are in CAD

Iceclimber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
+1 on the recall history. Even with the Eco extended warranty repairs were getting too frequent and expensive.

I got tired of the issues to and they gave me 24k for my 2014 (!) and I do like my limited.