Edge Products Pulsar Module for 5.7 AND 6.4 at Got Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We are offering the Edge Products Pulsar Module at Got Exhaust for the 2015-2018 Ram 1500 5.7L Hem.

pulsar_webimage_1.jpg

pulsar_webimage_2.jpg

Introducing a ground-breaking product from Edge Products: The Pulsar. The Pulsar is an in-line computer that connects directly to the vehicle PCM, eliminating unnecessary wires in the engine compartment. By connecting directly to the trucks PCM, Edge has the ability to control the vehicles signals to optimize performance gains, throttle response, MDS controls, mileage, and more. To make things even better, the Pulsar offers 8 performance levels that are changed by using the vehicle cruise control + and buttons on the steering wheel. Add Edges award-winning Insight monitor and control power levels through the monitor, while keeping an eye on vital vehicle parameters. Power levels are displayed where the gear indicator shows on the dash. Pulsar installs in minutes and is the most exciting and innovative product on the market for 2015-2018 Ram 1500 Hemi trucks!

FEATURES

User-adjustable power levels via cruise control buttons

Adjustable power levels on-the-fly

Improves economy, towing capabilities, and performance

Up to 8 performance levels

Power level displayed on OEM dash

Adds up to 30 HP and 30 ft-lbs TQ

Advanced ignition timing (spark)

User-selectable MDS on/off

Adjusts accelerator pedal response

Pairs with Edges award-winning Insight CS2 or CTS2

Message me for possible forum discounts

Last edited:

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whats the recommended octane with this product? Does it automatically adjust for the fuel we put in?

When will custom tuning be available, and will we need any extra accessories in order to be custom tuned?

Thanks

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whats the recommended octane with this product? Does it automatically adjust for the fuel we put in?

When will custom tuning be available, and will we need any extra accessories in order to be custom tuned?

Thanks

Good questions!

On level 1-6 on the pulsar you can run 87 octane or higher. On level 7-8 it is best to run 91 or higher octane.

I dont have a date on when custom tunes will be available. I know some companies are working on it so it is coming just not sure when.

dhows31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Definitely looks and sounds cool. So this would eliminate the need for an unlocked pcm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Definitely looks and sounds cool. So this would eliminate the need for an unlocked pcm?

From what Ive gathered, yes. However, im worried that when custom tunes become available, we will have to purchase one of their edge display devices in order to use the custom tune. I love the idea so far, but I would like to know how the custom tuning will work once available .

dhows31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
For $500 it better take the custom tunes without the need for anything else.

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Yes it would

Hoping one for the 6.4 will be available soon

Me too!

From what Ive gathered, yes. However, im worried that when custom tunes become available, we will have to purchase one of their edge display devices in order to use the custom tune. I love the idea so far, but I would like to know how the custom tuning will work once available .

Also interested

For $500 it better take the custom tunes without the need for anything else.

even if you had to add a display it comes out to be in the ballpark and cheaper in some cases than a tuner and unlocked PCM

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does this unit become “married” to the PCM? Or can it be removed and resold at a later date without any issues?

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does this unit become “married” to the PCM? Or can it be removed and resold at a later date without any issues?

I believe it does not marry to your truck. I will ask and find out for sure. even if it does you usually can get them unlocked/unmarried by manufacturer.

dhows31

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you know if this offers trans tuning or if it will with custom tuning

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@UnsatFC and @dhows31 I will quote what the rep from Edge emailed me

"The Pulsar does not marry to the vehicle, it is an inline module that does the tuning in time. So if you disconnect it from the truck you can hook it up to another one, and the tune does not stay in the truck. Also it does not have trans tuning in there."

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
So, my "just installed yesterday" Pedal Commander appears to be no longer needed? Can we or should we run both?

OP
OP
Nick@GotExhaust

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, my "just installed yesterday" Pedal Commander appears to be no longer needed? Can we or should we run both?
Pedal Commander will give you more control of throttle response than the edge will. You can run both without a problem

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk